• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming Week #19: Normal Tetris - Don't worry, your screen won't flip on you

Do you like this challenge?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

Year of Gaming Week #19: Normal Tetris - Don't worry, your screen won't flip on you

T e t r i s (Normal)
    - Week #19 -

Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

"Tetriminos are game pieces shaped like tetrominoes, geometric shapes composed of four square blocks each. A random sequence of Tetriminos fall down the playing field (a rectangular vertical shaft, called the "well" or "matrix"). The objective of the game is to manipulate these Tetriminos, by moving each one sideways and rotating it by 90 degree units, with the aim of creating a horizontal line of ten blocks without gaps. When such a line is created, it disappears, and any block above the deleted line will fall. When a certain number of lines are cleared, the game enters a new level. As the game progresses, each level causes the Tetriminos to fall faster, and the game ends when the stack of Tetriminos reaches the top of the playing field and no new Tetriminos are able to enter."
    Rules

To access the game, use the link provided here. If you would like to use another source, please run it by to make sure that it is eligible.
    https://www.freetetris.org/game.php

After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said picture. This is how you enter into this challenge.

You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be December 27th, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

Standings
    1. Lord Scalgon - 153,540
    2. Juno - 46,729
    3. H.A.N. - 14,655
    4. Bidoof FTW - 12,947
    5. Pendraflare - 7,914
    6. White Mage - 6,265
    7. Orpheus - 530

Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    I'll be updating everyone's scores as soon as I can, I'm happy to see such a good turnout so far!
    What kind of tetris was there before?

If you go to the Year of Gaming Hall of Fame, click on Challenge #3. It will bring you to the exact challenge where you can play the game and see everyone hating me for it.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I'll be updating everyone's scores as soon as I can, I'm happy to see such a good turnout so far!

If you go to the Year of Gaming Hall of Fame, click on Challenge #3. It will bring you to the exact challenge where you can play the game and see everyone hating me for it.
    Woah that's cool! I mean I get why everyone was mad at you and all, but it's still really cool.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    All scores have been updated! As of now, Lord Scalgon, Juno, and Bidoof FTW lead the pack in scores! Keep up the great work everyone!

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
    EDIT: Replacing new updated score. My current one right now.

I think I'll call this a day. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Have I got until tomorrow to submit a score? I might try and do what I can this Saturday Night.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Just a heads up: next week's challenge will be published a little bit later than usual as I'll be out all day tomorrow/tonight.

Have I got until tomorrow to submit a score? I might try and do what I can this Saturday Night.

You've got a little over 6 hours left to submit a score before the challenge is over.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back