• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #15: Dig Dug - *insert Lion King 1 1/2 song here*

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years

Dig Dug
    - Week #15 -
    Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. At the end of the Year of Gaming, the top 3 overall performers will get unique emblems as well. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

"The objective of Dig Dug is to eliminate underground-dwelling monsters by either inflating them with an air pump until they explode, or by dropping rocks on them. There are two kinds of enemies in the game: "Pookas" (a race of round red monsters, said to be modeled after tomatoes, that wear yellow goggles), and "Fygars" (a race of green dragons that can breathe fire while their wings flash)."
    Rules

☼. You can access the game via the link provided here.
    https://game-oldies.com/play-online/dig-dug-nintendo-nes#

☼. After your game is officially over when the "Game Over" screen comes on, immediately take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said screenshot. Standings will be determined by round. There is a very short window transition between when you die and the 'game over' screen, so take it as quick as you can. Tie breakers will be determined by high score.

☼. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

☼. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be October 18th, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

Standings
    1. Pendraflare - Round 13 (42,870)
    2. TRIFORCE89 - Round 10 (27,630)
    3. White Mage - Round 9 (18,740)
    Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I was planning to take this on, but then I realized how much I suck at it as a kid and I don't think that I can do it even now ahaha. :'D

But still, Year of Gaming is back yay~

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Dangit! I should have brought my 360 controller into town with me! I could have worked on a high score. Anyway I plan on submitting a score, I just need to practice the game a bit.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    Back so soon? Yeah I am, with a much higher level under the belt.

Updated! Keep up the great work!
    Spoiler:

Curses! I'll give this another go

EDIT: Spoiler tags as image much larger than I thought it was on Google Images lol

You could always use www.resizeyourimage.com to make the picture smaller if you want. Although that requires a lot of extra work which I personally would just be too lazy to do haha.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    With the return of the Year of Gaming, congrats to Pendraflare (3 pts), TRIFORCE89 (2 points), and White Mage (1 point) for being this week's winners! Emblems will be handed out shortly and expect the next challenge up in a few minutes!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back