• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #17: Super Smash Bros. - *insert announcer voice here*

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

• Year of Gaming - Week #17: Super Smash Bros. - *insert announcer voice here*

Super Smash Bros.
    - Week #17-
    Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. At the end of the Year of Gaming, the top 3 overall performers will get unique emblems as well. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

"Super Smash Bros., known in Japan as Dairantō Smash Brothers (Japanese: 大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ Hepburn: Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu?, lit. "Great Melee Smash Brothers"), is a series of crossover fighting games published by Nintendo, featuring characters from established video games. The gameplay differs from traditional fighters for focusing on knocking opponents out of the stage instead of depleting life bars. The series features many characters from Nintendo's most popular franchises, like Mario, Fox, Link, Kirby, Samus Aran and Pikachu."
    Rules

★. For this challenge, you'll need to own Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS. The mode you'll be playing in is "3-Minute Smash" and trying to get as many kills as possible.

★. After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said screenshot. Standings will be determined by the number of kills you're able to get within the time frame.

★. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the greatest score. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

★. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be November 1st, 11:59 PM ET.
    Emblem

Standings
    1. GreenFlame - 152 KOs
    2. Mukkamoto - 140 KOs
    3. Aven Starkiller - 130 KOs
    4. かすみ - 126 KOs
    5. LilJz - 115 KOs
    6. Wilhelm - 114 KOs
    7. Denny Hamlin - 102 KOs
    Year of Gaming Universal Standings
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years

• ★. After your game is officially over, take a screenshot of your score and comment below with said screenshot. Standings will be determined by . Tie breakers will be determined by high score by the number of kills you're able to get within the time frame.
    Might want to fix this, I don't know which is the standing and which is tie breaker.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Okay, didn't we already say we were gonna give up on games that aren't available to all on YoG, once?
    (Yea, I know, everyone else has SSB but still xD)

You just contradicted yourself with this statement. Also, it's not like you really participate in the Year of Gaming anyways; Super Smash Bros is popular enough currently that it can stand as its own challenge.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I'm here for the emblem

I did two tries, although the 2nd try I accidentally pressed L because I wanted to see if I could do a screenshot with the 3DS, but it just brought me to the next screen instead x)

Here's my first try
    Spoiler:

And here's my 2nd
    Spoiler:

If you don't count the 2nd pic, then just count the 1st one. I'll do a better one eventually.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back