• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your 8 Year Old Self

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I'm not really sure. Maybe happy that I pursued my love for writing? Perhaps that I even found a way to express myself through it as well. I can't really remember that much from being eight, if at all. XD

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    my 8-year-old self would probably be impressed i'm still playing video games, as i've been playing them since i was 8. (:

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    There are a lot of sad eight year olds in this topic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Hahaha well 8 year old me would be disappointed that I still have a gap in my teeth, but at 21 I've fully accepted it. I haven't made any profound accomplishments on paper, but I think I am a happier/healthier me and younger me would be happy older me has come to terms with myself.

Sirfetch’d

My 8 year old self would be very disappointed by the lack of maturing from then to now ;(

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    My eight year old self would probably be way too oblivious to even notice anything. {XD}

Not that I've changed much from that...

Years
    I think they would feel bad about how far more matured I am now than I was at that very age. Seriously, I was misbehaved like heck in my tiny years.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My 8 year old me would just ignore me and walk to my computer :/ I'd tell him stories about science, and bullshit around half of it, and he would love it.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'm sure 22 year old me and 8 year old me would get along just fine. I liked Pokemon at that age and still do now. 8 y/o me would probably think it's awesome to find a "grown up" (she might think I am, but I wouldn't say that haha) girl likes Pokemon. Finding other female fans as a kid was difficult and I was always afraid I'd grow out of it. So yeah. 8 y/o Alli would probably be pretty happy and be friends with 22 y/o me.

But 22 y/o me would be severely judging 8 y/o me's choice of clothing.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't think they would think anything? At 8 years old, I was more concerned with playing Pokémon than I was aspiring for the future or considering what and how I wanted to be when I was older. That didn't start happening until middle school, honestly. Some of you guys are starting to concern me with all this career talk coming from 8 year old children.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Mine would probably be like:

"Damn, your entire high school career was nuts!" I had fun in hig hschool, and did some crazy things. I've changed a lot since I was an 8 year old. lol

Yukari

"So you're telling me you don't want to be a doctor?"

Probably that.

Years
    22yo Nichole vs 8yo Nichole... very contrasting, but my younger self enjoyed playing a lot (and also watching the 2000 Olympics which were held in my home city of Sydney) while the current me is more of a funny critic on music, and also some other stuff I catch around the internet. I was also quite the little athlete at school when I was younger, winning quite well in my division, and I still have my near-intelligent mind today.

Coffee

Banned
    Years
    My 8 year old would probably be very proud of me.
    I'm still a gamer after 8 years. And I now make Pokemon Lets plays, so he would be double proud of me :3

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
    They should be proud that they would be breaking sexist stereotypes in the future and would have a lust to consume ramen. They wouldn't be surprised that they would still not belong and fit in with society. And that they would say single regardless of age.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I can't see my 8yo opinion of the present me being meaningful in any way. I can't even see an 8yo me having an opinion on anything.

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
    "Not bad. Future Jay."

"You could have done better though, past Jay."

That's about it. Mild appreciation and expectancy.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My 8-year-old self would be disappointed as hell that I can no longer recite every single Pokémon's name by heart. :/

Back