• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Since this thread is in the tech forum, it seems like a good opportunity to rep the Firefox.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

- Blazing fast
- Pretty
- Respects your privacy
- Isn't a Google product (see above)

I'll set aside the privacy concerns about Google because I'm sure everyone has heard them enough already. However! As important as that is how prevalent Chrome has become on the web, to the point that some sites and services only support Chrome. This is *bad* for the open web. Giving a single company this much sway means we inch closer to a future where we may not have a choice of a web browser. Part of what makes the web beautiful is the open protocol that underlies it -- any server software can deliver you a website, and any browser can read it. Help keep it that way by diversifying. A future where Google can dictate how the web is consumed is bad for everyone.

Mozilla has seriously upped their game with their latest big Firefox release and it's fantastic.

ddrox13

Anti-Nonsense
Years
That's basically it yeah. My stuff is all saved on Chrome already, so, like, no reason to switch now. Honestly starting from 0 I'd probably use new~Firefox though.

Years
I ditched Chrome for Vivaldi and I haven't looked back since. I guess if I had to choose another browser, Firefox would be something to consider...

pretty sure firefox gets dunked on because "well it consumes as much resources as chrome so there's no reason for me to switch :c"
Except for the other reasons I listed haha

That's basically it yeah. My stuff is all saved on Chrome already, so, like, no reason to switch now. Honestly starting from 0 I'd probably use new~Firefox though.
You can import everything — history, bookmarks, cookies. You wouldn't even be signed out of any websites.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I have both Firefox and Chrome installed because I use both to test style updates for my website. I know it has compatibility issues with Firefox because they love not confirming to other's standards, so trying to maintain a consistent style between Chrome and Firefox has been a pain, to say the least.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
I use both Firefox and Chrome. I primarily use Firefox but as someone who frequently has to visit websites in other languages, being able to translate all the pages automatically on Chrome is a very handy feature.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
A large regional dex is super needed especially if it has a large quantity of new pokemon :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I'm quite hyped after seeing some further analysis and trailer breakdown videos that point out things I miss (which is always a lot somehow).

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 27
  • Cali
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I'm quite hyped after seeing some further analysis and trailer breakdown videos that point out things I miss (which is always a lot somehow).

Oof, same here, there was so much pointed out in the analysis videos and I was just like how did I miss that? I watched this dang trailer 5 times x'D

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
so since this is now in Feedback & Support this is the perfect and only place for me to ask this very important question:

does anyone know where i can download shiny gold

Back