• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

all nighters

Years
  • have you ever/how often have you pulled an all nighter?

i pulled an all nighter only once in uni to cram a last-minute study session for a group presentation and completely crashed by the time i got home from class in the afternoon
    never again :<

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Once I graduated high school and before I started working I would stay up late on the computer a lot of the time doing pretty much nothing. xD

Years
  • The last time I pulled a real all-nighter I was in 10th grade. I had no real reason to do it, other than the fact that I was awake until almost 6:30 am. It was a bad experience for me and I'd never pulled one since.

Closest I've come in recent years were after doing midnight releases for Pokémon games and being awake until 4 am, but that was it.

Afi

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2020
    For study, once only. It was for a computer class.
    For pleasure where I watched a complete series and didn't sleep a wink, maybe less than 5 times.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Constantly. I just pulled an all-nighter last night -- didn't fall asleep until 5 AM. There have been times for weeks in a row that I didn't sleep until 9 AM, or later. I prefer being up during the night, usually.

Years
  • for drawing, by accident, i didn't realize it was already 5am when i was finishing up a piece
    for study, never, procrastination is key

Rynamite

Teaghlaigh, Dílseacht, Misneach
    Years
  • It's rather consistent given my work schedule, sports and other things...

But there are innocent times where it wasn't intentional... I know one day I started watching YouTube at 9pm, by the time I shut everything down it was 10am.... Woo -__-; (I had no clock at the time and my light cancelling shades blocked out the sun so.... Yeah

Years
  • When I went on vacation earlier this year, a combination of going straight from work to the airport, staying there overnight, and not being able to sleep on planes, I was up from 8 AM (GMT-8) on Jan 1st until 8 PM (GMT+9) on Jan 3rd, so technically I pulled a double all nighter. Sure, there's the whole time zone thing (which meant I was only up 43 hours, not 60), but as someone who loves sleep, I wouldn't recommend it.

Bay

Years
  • I did a few all nighters when in college. One was finishing a group report on my own (my two other partners were busy with their own assignments) and another an essay.

The only other time I did an all nighter was I think three years ago writing one of my fanfics. Stayed up until over 2am then.

pkmin3033

I only pull all-nighters if I literally cannot sleep due to a migraine, a cold, or some other illness that physically prevents me from sleeping. I've never been one to stay up all night; there's nothing so important that it can't wait until tomorrow morning...I'm up early enough anyway.

Years
  • Forgot to mention in my above post though that I guess I did an all-nighter in 2018?? was awake from about 4:30 am December 26th til about 3:30 am December 27th because of traveling 800 miles home after Christmas. Caffeine kept me awake in that instance, though!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I pulled 2 all-nighters last semester to finish up a big chunk of research. Not consecutively of course - iirc they were a month apart. Working in the uni library at night was oddly comfy, but not recommended.

Rudy

give us a song ex boyfriend
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    perhaps when i was younger, but now... i can barely make it to 2am.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I pulled four or five last semester because my workload was insane. Prior to that I had only done one or two during my sophomore year. Not fun.

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • Occasionally I will be forced to pull an all nighter due to my insomnia. Most nights I am awake until 2 or 3 AM anyways. The nights when I cannot get any sleep, I feel a lot of physical changes, like higher heart rate, adrenaline rush, etc. Then there is this threshold where the adrenaline fades and I feel like normal again and can usually sleep by about 7-10 AM.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Quite often, because my sleep schedule has been messed up for some time now due to insomnia and allergy medication, which both seem to trigger afternoon naps that last longer than expected. Then when nighttime rolls around, I'm not tired at all.

I think it's a vicious cycle that results in more lengthy afternoon naps and sleepless nights. I do have an anime convention this weekend, so a few days without an afternoon nap might (at least temporarily) put my sleep schedule back on track.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Not a fan of all nighters and I've barely made it through 1 or 2... I have the opposite problem of accidentally falling asleep too early. :( But can do it when in panic mode and I've left an assignment till the last minute.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i very often pull all nighters or almost all nighters. i have always had problems with sleep and it's just gotten worse as the years have gone by. i sleep about four hours a night now and im constantly tired but i just can't fall asleep for some reason.

Back