• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Small Writing Competition

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Small Writing Competition
    Judged by bobandbill, Bay Alexison and gimmepie

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! Ready to write a story based on this year's prompt that will impress the three judges and the rest of PC? Great!

But first, a few rules to keep in mind.

Rules

1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
    2.) The stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before and not posted anywhere else until judging is over.
    3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are bobandbill, Bay Alexison, and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
    4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
    5.) You have until 11:59pm EDT, 16th July to get your entry in. EDIT: An extra SIX hours have been granted.
    6.) The story can be based on Pokemon or be original fiction (given the GT theme we would rather you go with a Pokemon theme though - it is about celebrating 20 years of Pokemon after all!). Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
    7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please!
    8.) Please don't publicly post your stories until the competition is over! Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring

Each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equaling 10 points in total like in previous years. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
    Characterization, Plot, and Description
    Relevance to Prompt

The prompt is nostalgia, so good luck with making use of that in your story!

Emblems
    First Prize
    Writing%20competition%201st%20place%20emblem.jpg

Second Prize
    Writing%20competition%202nd%20place%20emblem.jpg

Third Prize
    writcomp3.jpg

Entrants:
    Deceptio
    Caramel-O/Um E
    OuterTsuchinoko
    Forever
    Kyoko
    solivagant
    Aisu
    Miz en Sc?ne
    icomeanon6
    Chr. Draco
    Venia Silente

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I'm in.

I think it's time to get my writing chops back in order. I've been getting back in the groove recently, and this would be just perfect for solidifying if I have the gusto or not. It's been a while since I wrote any novelizations or fanfictions for Pokemon. Good luck to everyone else entering the competition. Here's to a good Writing Showcase!

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Yesssss I've been so excited for this! I think the last time I wrote any sort of one-shot for this forum was in 2009? It's been a while and this is a fun topic too!

\o/

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Might give this a shot, although the prompt is rather underwhelming (not a fan of those cliche one-word trope-y stuff) and I do have other personal projects that require my attention...

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years
  • I'll toss something together for this, sure.

Years
  • I've been writing Fanfiction stories for a long time, but I've never shared any online... I'll enter this competition and see what I can do!

By the way, I might get busy this week, so I apologize if I can't create a masterpiece in time...

Del

Iт'ѕ rαιɴιɴɢ oυтѕιde [...]
    Years
  • I am soooo IN!
    About the name of the "ENTRANTS", I think using Um E will be better because Caramel-O might change before this competition is over!

Last edited:

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I actually haven't really written anything.. But, I'd like to give it a try, so count me in.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • As a more or less long-time irregular, I would join this... but it's not what it used to be.

...Get it?

No?

Was just kidding. :p

I think I will be joining this little contest, let's see what I can do. I tend to write better by prompt and this looks like a fun one to try. Plus, it gives me something fun to do during the month.

@icomeanin6, @aeternum, nice to see you hanging around here, too!

Years
  • I've never written fanfiction or anything really, but I have had a really interesting idea for a while now and wanted to write one so I will use that to enter this. I think I can use the nostalgia theme in it too. I'm really excited actually to see what people will think of the story.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
  • As a more or less long-time irregular, I would join this... but it's not what it used to be.

...Get it?

No?

Was just kidding. :p
    Lol. Seriously though, after seven years for me I think it's safe to say I have some nostalgia for the SWC. Especially 2009, the field was so good that year. This year's looking good so far too. :)

Might give this a shot, although the prompt is rather underwhelming (not a fan of those cliche one-word trope-y stuff) and I do have other personal projects that require my attention...
    The prompt's just a prompt, you can take it in any direction you want as long as it's relevant. No reason any of the stories have to be cliched.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Lol. Seriously though, after seven years for me I think it's safe to say I have some nostalgia for the SWC. Especially 2009, the field was so good that year. This year's looking good so far too. :)
    ...Don't you mean the playfield was good? :p

I have to sit through two meetings, one family, one business, today but after that and the mandatory night of sleep I'll see what I can think of for this one.

Back