• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Koraidon’s wheely weird look

Don’t get your school clothes in a knot – Koraidon’s running actually kinda makes sense!

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I actually like it for some reasons, especially when it flies and surfs

Years
  • Not going to lie, I wasn't fan of Koraidon's (and to some degree Miraidon's) design and its riding mode, when it was revealed, but it's slowly growing up on me. I still think the wheel design is stupid, but not as much as when I first saw it.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think it's funny how box legendaries used to be deities, rulers of lands, time, space, life and death... now they're basically off-road vehicles for school students 🙂

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    This is just looks off, flying and surfing looks awesome but on land what the actual hell. Even miradon seems looks awesome to look at and this is just so wrong sometimes

Years
  • I think it makes sense for Koraidon to use its legs rather than "wheels". Miraidon is clearly futuristic/semi-mechanical, whereas Koraidon is entirely biological. It's "wheels" look rubbery and.. well, like motorcycle wheels, but for them to actually FUNCTION like wheels would just not make sense for a seemingly totally-organic creature.

Overall though, it's kinda weird to me they've made the mascot legendaries the means of exploring the region. I'm sure it'll make sense, story-wise, but Game Freak just can't seem to commit to a bit anymore. Up to Gen 6 we had HMs and Bicycles (with some fun terrain-ride-Pokémon in XY). Gen 7, all of those were replaced with Ride Pokémon. Gen 8 we had a Rotom Bike for land/sea movement, no map obstructions requiring HMs, and the Taxis for flying. Gen 8.5, again, we essentially had a full new set of Ride Pokémon in place of HMs.
    And now for SV, we seem to have all of those, consolidated in one Pokémon: Koraidon or Miraidon. It's like… regressive innovation between gen 7 and 9 lol.

cossu3

loves hack rom
    Years
  • idk I don't rlly think that a legendary Pokémon used as a motorcycle is a good idea
    I mean, there is like rayquaza that is the king of the skies
    groudon is the king of the earth
    palkia controls time
    hoopa can voyage trough dimensions
    while these two can... be rided?
    this is why I'll play the game, only to know why they're like this and the lore

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • Popping wheelies on a mythical lizard is definitely not something i was expecting to see, but i like the design of both legendaries.

Can't wait for them to break the meta and be banned from Smogon like Zacian did!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    while these two can... be rided?

I guess it's the rise and fall of legendary Pokémon. They went from Gen 1 birds being just rare birds with no lore, to over-the-top deities with insane powers, to this :). I mean, regardless of whatever lore they have, they're still literally just Gen 9's take on HM slaves.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I think it makes sense for Koraidon to use its legs rather than "wheels". Miraidon is clearly futuristic/semi-mechanical, whereas Koraidon is entirely biological. It's "wheels" look rubbery and.. well, like motorcycle wheels, but for them to actually FUNCTION like wheels would just not make sense for a seemingly totally-organic creature.
    It's does make sense, though at the same time it's like then why make its tail and dewlap look like wheels, and modern tires at that, for a Pokemon that's supposed to be representative of the ancient past or even prehistory?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I wonder if gen 9 is when we finally learn where eggs come from...

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I loved it even more! Made such a contrast from Miraidon.
    The animation seems "more" than just Miraidon getting its legs tucked in.
    I would say that the motorcycles in the Pokémon world were inspired by seeing Koraidon's dewlap and tail.
    There must be plot twist to why they are being used that they will not reveal until you find out for yourself to be honest. People are too quick to judge and decide.

Years
  • Honestly, the more I looked at Koraidon's running animation the more I loved him - regardless of how dizzy being on his back would make me. A futuristic motorcycle in Miraidon is cool but I just really like Koraidon and his 'wheels' which are just various parts of his body as a lizard. Did not even realize the resemblance to the dewlap sack. Great read.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Weird wheely look is definitely the way to describe it! To be honest, seeing the tire stuck in its throat and watching it run like that makes it look stupid in my opinion, but I'm sure it would definitely be a beast on the battlefield!

Back