• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your ideal climate and weather

Years
  • What is your ideal climate/weather?

I've been thinking about this for myself a little lately. I currently live somewhere that probably has most people's ideal climate - warm, often sunny, and no snowfall - but is far from my own. I adore colder days that are cloudy and windy, and the less sun the better. Seems like most people love seeing the sun, but I'm the minority that prefers the opposite haha.

What are your preferences?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Gimme summertime all the time! I like it hot enough to go to the beach but not having to worry about melting...lol. I love the sun and love to have the windows open. Just so long as the storms stay away. I don't mind a good shower but I can't stand gloomy and dreary like I feel during winter.

Years
  • I don't like the heat. Gimme clouds and a temperature that is neither too warm nor cold.
    Though I do prefer winter over Summer =3
    Cold is better than heat =D

Years
  • ^^ yes!! i live in the completely wrong state because i cannot stand humidity whatsoever. gimme cold weather and maybe snow pls

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    71 degrees, partly cloudy, winds NNW at 5 to 10pm, chance of rain 10%.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I dream of living somewhere that rarely gets too warm/hot and is overcast a lot, as I dislike the sun being out.

I know I probably do best with four seasons, though. As much as I hate Spring and Summer, having them makes Fall and Winter coming feel so much more special. I definitely need to live somewhere cooler on average, though. Southern US is miserable for me. I hate the warm/hot weather that even invades Winter at times, and more than anything I hate severe thunderstorms and tornadoes.

The best location for me would probably more realistically be far Northeast US and Southeast Canada. Those areas seem to have the best blend of four seasons nowadays, but also lean more toward the nicer and cooler side.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I prefer it if it's not sunny. Temperature doesn't really matter to me, though, tbh I don't get hot, I'm pretty much always cold so my ideal climate is just it not being sunny. Don't really have a preferable temperature. But, I prefer autumn over any other season.

Years
  • sunny and cool

60s during the day and 40s at night

also the occasional snowfall as well but what is: snow anyways :femme2:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The grayer and rainier, the better.

i now imagine you as one of those animated people in a lo-fi youtube video inside of a rainy window, typing away forever on their coding setup

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    65-75 degree F, sunny or cloudy on occasion, rainy sometimes but not always with some really loud but calm thunderstorms, foresty and fresh air, slight breeze always, snow never.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Between 20 and 27C, light sea breeze, sunny all day, rain during the night!

I get terrible seasonal affective disorder and it's triggered by just one miserable, cloudy, grey day. I get so depressed when it's cloudy, so I need sunshine for my mental health! Unfortunately, it's like winter for 70% of the year where I live. :( I also can't stand when it's windy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Between 20 and 27C, light sea breeze, sunny all day, rain during the night!

I get terrible seasonal affective disorder and it's triggered by just one miserable, cloudy, grey day. I get so depressed when it's cloudy, so I need sunshine for my mental health! Unfortunately, it's like winter for 70% of the year where I live. :( I also can't stand when it's windy.

This is why I can never have my windows covered up. I hate my room to be dark. I'm like a cat and always have to find the sun to lay in. Why I hate cold months because they seem gloomy more often than not.

Years
  • Slight overcast (just enough to cover the searing sun, but not too much to be depressingly gloomy) & 18-21C weather.

Would love to be able to layer clothing outdoors for once in my life.

Back