• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

past interests

Years
what things were you into in the past that you're not into/don't participate in anymore? this can be anything from hobbies to tv shows!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I was really into aircraft as a kid. Always got aviation magazines, die-cast planes and I begged for RC helicopters as a child. I then realised that aviation is a REALLY expensive thing to actually get into, and I wasn't happy enough just reading fact sheets. I crossed over into automotive hobbies instead, which can be expensive still, but far easier than getting into aviation proper.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Naruto. I liked it as a kid, but the older I got the more I didn't like it. The fandom did make some awesome stuff, though. Kinda the same with mlp though I don't dislike it nowadays, I just have no real interest. I still enjoy some of the things the fandom has done (Rainbow Dash Presents, PinkiePieSwear, and a few other random songs/animations), which I can't say about Naruto.

That's really it. Writing, drawing, singing, most of the shows I liked as a kid; I still enjoy those things now.

Sirfetch’d

I was big into collecting Pokemon cards when I was younger. At one point I had well over a thousand cards but just eventually lost interest after there were too many to collect.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Anime. I used to obsess over every anime I watched, watched any series someone recommended,and bought merch. Now I haven't watched an anime in about 6 years. Singing/musical theater. From 6th grade to senior year I was a part of my church's theatre group and did all the plays/musicals in my high school's group. Was actually considering going into acting in college. And idk, I just stopped auditioning. I think at some point I realized I wasn't actually good enough of a singer/actor to go anywhere with it and had more interest in art than acting.

Also reading. When I was into an anime, I would read the manga too. I would do the library's summer reading program almost every year and would complete it almost year , but now I barely read anything. Like not even manga anymore . or I will buy books and never read them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Writing ;; I'm doing it so seldom these days... I mean writing my own fiction. I should get back into it but... time and effort.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Writing ;; I'm doing it so seldom these days... I mean writing my own fiction. I should get back into it but... time and effort.

I totally get you. I've been struggling myself tbh. I think a lot of it for me is that I repeat my stories, so I'm growing tired. Plus, you know me well enough Rika... I'm ALWAYS writing. ><

I also want to say that anime is another. I used to be super into it growing up. Nowadays, I've actually started to despise some of it. There are still a few VAs I really like and have met... but other than that, I've sort of grown out of anime. I tried to get into again. That backfired, especially after the Vic Mignogna fiasco. :c

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Probably anything art related tbh. I was really into writting and drawing mostly, I still enjoy doing so but not as frequently as I used too. Also anything TV related, I haven't watched any TV shows (anime included) aside from Criminal Minds, Spongebob and some seasonal anime in years lmao

Bay

Years
Agents of Shield. I used to be into that show, but after 4th season I fell off from it. I tried giving some 5th and 6th season episodes a chance, but my heart just isn't into it anymore.

Also like a lot of people anime. I used to watch a bunch when in college and a little while after that, but I haven't watched much new anime in some years. I did watched a few episodes of some shows this year, and there are a few I'm interested in like Carole and Tuesday so maybe I'll still pick a few up.

Last edited:

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
Years
Reading. I used to be able to chew through several books a month and other than school books I haven't finished an actual book in years.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I used to be super into video games and whilst I do still enjoy them, I play them much more rarely now. Younger me would be appalled if they knew but I remember spending so many weekends simply playing video games which now looking back, wasn't the greatest use of my time as I became obsessed with them and didn't do much else. I think initially I began to cut down a lot on my video game use so I could focus more on studying and whilst it was initially really difficult, I realised how much better it was in moderation and how it freed up a lot of time to enjoy other activities like hanging out with friends or picking up new hobbies that I would have said I didn't have the time for before. I just don't have the same interest in them I used to and can go a very long time without playing video games now much to the horror of younger me :D

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
Years
Pokemon honestly, I still have a fondness for the games but I'm not "into" it anymore, mainly due to lack of spare time and money, which now that I think of it, is really upsetting/sad

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
When I first got into Pokemon in 1999, I used to be interested in it outside of the main games, like the spin-offs, anime, trading card game, etc. Shortly into Gen II, I began to lose interest. By Gen III, I had lost interest in everything aside from the main games. Even still, I didn't play a main game (some replaying aside) in between Ruby in 2003 and Diamond in 2008. Probably largely because I didn't like Gen III at all. My interest in main games came back, though. The interest in the spin-offs, anime, TCG, never came back, though.

The only other thing that comes to me off the top of my head was instruments - in the early 00s, I though the trumpet was my instrument. In 2004/early 2005 I had shifted to thinking that clarinet was my one true instrument. While I've switched instruments after that, I've remained pretty uniform in still loving the ones I switched from. Trumpet I was very happy to switch from, and my love for the clarinet didn't last long (bass clarinet aside!).

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Honestly I haven't been very into pokémon since I stopped reading the manga. (I should pick that up again though!) This community and RPing is what keeps me in the franchise these days d: Not really the games. I care about new pokémon because I think it's fun to see what they come up with, but I doubt I will be getting the newer games from now on. It's a bit sad to realize, to be honest! But I can always remedy it by actually getting a Switch after all, should the sentimentality become too strong ahah.

Years
also now that I think about it, I used to be huge into Yu-gi-oh before eventually becoming disinterested as time passed by. i think out of everything I ever lost interest in, i regret this one the most. i wish i kept up with it more.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I once wrote Mario fanfiction. I was quite proficient at it. It's been a decade since I stopped. Sigh.
I alsi used to spend longer daydreaming and rumminating about series (cartoons, Harry Potter and some games) instead of British politics, as I do now for work reasons, but you could argue the cliffhangers, absurd characters, high-stakes decisions and unexpected plot twists I loved are still there.

Last edited:
Back