• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how competitive are you?

Years
  • how competitive are you? will you do your best to do better than your friends or others in a video game, sport, project, etc? how bothered are you by losing or not coming out on top?

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • I used to be very competitive, especially when it comes to grades, but not very much now. There are still some remains of it here and there though.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I'm very competitive. I like to win.

AlolanRattata

The Music Meister
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Ultra competitive. To the point where I do not understand people who do not get extremely frustrated at losing. Especially if it happens constantly.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    chill when winning, not pleased when losing

i will tend to throw logic and reason out the window as an explanation for why i'm not doing as well as i should be lmao

Years
  • Very, but I suck at everything. That's not a good combination. And I am a notorious bad sport when I'm psyched up, though there has been some desensitisation going on over the past millennium. After losing every competition from day one... you can't always have the energy to hurl the remote at the screen and storm out the room, or choke to death on the froth in your mouth.

When other people are about, I curb the mindless violence and settle for indistinct chuckling of suppressed rage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    I am competitive only in my studying and work, in all other cases I am a rather calm person.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    not really. sometimes i'll get competitive but if i know that my skills aren't up to par with the person i'm competing with i'll try but it's like... ''eh whatever" if that makes sense

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2019
    how competitive are you? will you do your best to do better than your friends or others in a video game, sport, project, etc? how bothered are you by losing or not coming out on top?

I wish to take everything in a positive way, whether I lose or win. I compete to do better amongst the contenders. Definitely, it helps me to develop every time.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I am quite competitive when it comes to school as rankings in subjects are important but I'm not that competitive about anything else. Whilst losing doesn't necessarily feel great, I feel like it's nicer to be chill about it or see it as an opportunity for improvement. :)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I'm not competitive. I honestly just put in the best effort I can, and call it a day. I don't want to be first at anything, and I don't really care if I lose.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    In some areas more than in others. Seeing others surpass me in areas I'm interested in sure enough makes me want to improve my skill, as well.

I recommend being competitive. I needn't be someone else. It's good enough to compete with the you of yesterday. :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Nah, I hate losing and don't know how to handle winning so I dislike competing in general haha.

baire

many such cases
    Years
  • not competitive at all! I used to be very competitive when I was younger but nowadays in university I'm fairly average compared to peers/friends so it mostly seems futile. I still put lots of effort in stuff I'm passionate about for the sake of enjoying myself

especially thanks to my horrid performance on math contest questions?? for one of my classes we're looking at high school contest problems so I got the question
    "The points of a plane are colored red or blue. Then one of the two colors contains points with any distance." and kids I knew in high school would breeze right through it. meanwhile I'm in third year uni and probably wouldn't have ever solved it
    solution in the textbook:
    Spoiler:

dunno if they're geniuses or if I'm just an idiot but it's w/e, as long as I get paid enough to eat and afford a roof over my head I should be fine

Last edited:
    Back