• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I don't need it.... I don't need it... I NEED IT!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • ....Do you impulse buy? ...I do, honestly, but I hate admitting it. I pass it off as something I "need", but then I regret it later. Internet shopping has definitely made me a lot worse w/impulse purchasing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Sometimes with merch yes. I tell myself 'no i should save' but then I find myself buying it because who knows what'll happen if i dont!!! i might not never get the chance again!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i have.... impulse bought a lot of keyboard things over the past few months. whoops.

But they are so nice. So good looking. So nice to type on. Yes.

Emilia

~ free falling
    Years
  • Nope, I have a mom and dad to stop me. I'm sure I would if I had my own job/source of money.
    Also I have a tendency to hoard money.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I impulse buy food not on my list at the grocery store all the time. I try not to with anything else. Most of the time it works... mostly...

i have.... impulse bought a lot of keyboard things over the past few months. whoops.

But they are so nice. So good looking. So nice to type on. Yes.

I was about to comment "I damn near impulse bought a keyboard the other day" so I'm glad it's not just me.

...this new keyboard, while I slept on it a day, was basically impulse too whoops

Years
  • I do have a pretty bad impulse buy habit, yes. Tends to happen with whatever hobby I'm in a huge kick for enjoying. Most of last year it was every single one of anime plushes, anime figures, Pokemon plushes, Pokemon figures, and Pokemon cards.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I budget for my impulses lol,

Sure you do... :shifty-eyed: If I go into a place with a specific goal in mind, I don't impulse buy. Yet if I just go somewhere and have no such parameters, I have no control or willpower whatsoever. Area where I have such issues is with food. Like if I'm hungry... I try to avoid Costco at all cost.... Otherwise I buy $100 of food before I even know it lol...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I wouldn't call them impulses because I mull them over and read hundreds of reviews before buying, but I splurge on skincare, makeup, clothes and games from time to time and I definitely don't need any of that

I think I impulse buy food often though, nothing crazy but if I'm grocery shopping I'll pull snacks and stuff into my cart on a whim and it kinda adds up

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    yea i impulse buy. my wallet hates me

User Anon 1848

Yeah and I'm fine with it. Realistically there's not much I can save up for after paying for my living expenses so I might as well piss the rest away on hedonistic desires.

Bay

Years
  • Like several mentioned here, I also impulse buy on snacks and drinks too often. Around 2014-2016 I would also impulse buy on games, only to not play half of them yet oops.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not that much. Have at times e.g. very cheap games for the Wii U which I still haven't played a bunch for, but nothing expensive and usually I try to do some research before buying anything I feel I'll need of significance. Snack sometimes I suppose if I am hungry or there's something I want to celebrate with a sweet or somesuch.

Years
  • Usually not, though I sometimes get real tempted by in-app purchases in a very select few games I play, lol. But am still very good with saving! If I lived nearby more merch stores that may be a different story though...........

Back