• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OMIGAWD KILL IT WITH FIRE.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, what are your phobias? Do you have any that others consider irrational? What makes you so terrified of those things?

I have a HUGE fear of spiders. I can't even look at pics of them without wanting to die. I just can't... I also hate hospitals and needles/IVs as well. I'm not sure why. I guess because for the needles/IVs... I don't like the feeling of the needle being under my skin. As for hospitals, this one is actually rational for someone like me. The reason is because everything they do is unpredictable, and when you have a mild spectrum of disabilities... including autism... this can be torture. I've actually had a nurse tell me I didn't look autistic when my mom told her despite the fact that I was literally screaming bloody fucking murder in the corner. The nurse was going to have two security guards hold me down just to give me the IV because I wouldn't cooperate with her. :| Ever since then, the only way you'll get me to a hospital is if I'm half-dead or something.

So yeah.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    biggest phobia is of planes/flying, also afraid of the dark and pregnancy bc i'm a big wuss

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I have a phobia of being in a closed off space with many people. It's not claustrophobia or agoraphobia tho. It's more like I'm afraid of being asyxiated.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I have a huge fear of aging, like I don't know why , I do celebrate my birthday but then there's dread that I am getting older.
    Maybe it's the fact that every year you get older is one year closer to your death, something all life innately fears

Maybe (or at least for me anyway) it's that the thought of being stuck in a body that is getting progressively less and less functional sounds kind of horrifying

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Pretty much scared of heights. or dangling my feet over an edge. I'm not scared of living in tall buildings or flying in airplanes though.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • im scared of bugs/spiders, heights, parasites (this is a BIG fear of mine. when i found out i had head lice once i had to restrain myself from vomiting and i pretty much cried for the rest of the day and thought about shaving all my hair off), disease/terminal illnesses, nuclear warfare/anything related to nuclear stuff... it just scares the fuck out of me. i also don't like apocalypse theories or any mention of the world ending.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
  • Monkeys. I hate them more than anything. They're creepy, small, hairy humanoid creatures that make horrific noises. By monkeys I mean primates in general; monkeys, chimps, gorillas, orangutans, gibbons....you name it, it freaks me the F out.

A few years ago I went to London Zoo with some friends and there was a bit where you walk through a big greenhouse type thing with free flying birds and bugs and small free roaming monkeys. One of them tried to climb up my leg and they had to get a keeper to come and take it away from me because I was on the brink of kicking 50 shades of brown out of it.

The one exception to this is lemurs. I don't mind lemurs at all. Maybe it's because they have pointy faces rather than the flat squashed faces that all other primates have. They kind of look like little dogs or foxes to me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Things that are underwater, being underwater, deep waters, and getting bugs in my mouth are my phobias. I need to sit down and google fluffy kittens for 10 minutes now just from typing that.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i don't know if i have any phobias..except for of an urban legend if that counts. fuckin terrifies me. can't even say her name... ;w; scares me too much. i have a huge fear of bees/wasps/anything in the bee category, bugs (except for caterpillars and butterflies and worms), mirrors (i can still look at them and whatnot i just..shut the door every time after i use the bathroom and it annoys the crap out of my family members lol). but uh yeah.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I hate thunderstorms and the sound of high winds. Twice as bad when they are together. I also hate roller coasters and most theme park rides.

Years
  • I actually have a lot of phobias. My worst or note-worthy ones are failure, flying, heights, vegetables (especially onions), needles and touching hot or sharp objects.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Heights mostly. Then fish. I just really don't like the way that they feel and the stares that they give you.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I would say I have a phobia of things like horsehair worms and cordyceps fungus that invades its host and then controls and mutates it... except horsehair worms in particular are evil little monsters that deserve to be burned to death with rubbing alcohol and flushed down the sink.

I still sometimes get the shivers thinking about it

Back