• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Being the center of attention.

Years
So PC, how well do you deal with being the center of attention? Does it make you uncomfortable? Do you enjoy it?

When I was little I had low self esteem, so naturally I didn't want to be center of attention. :P I believed I wasn't good enough at anything. I used to perform on stage in school during spelling bees, plays, talent shows etc; not because I really wanted to, but because people wanted me to. I was pretty shy and didn't enjoy being up there but it wasn't too bad. I felt like I couldn't afford to make any mistakes, so I had to be extra careful and meticulous. I felt the same during my birthday parties, and would roll my eyes and think "Oh god" when people starting congratulating me.

Lately it doesn't bug me so much. My self esteem is healthy now, so I don't mind the attention. I don't crave attention, but as long as I make myself look nice to the public and don't act in a way that draws unusual attention to myself, I don't get annoyed by attention so much anymore. I'm a pretty quiet and reserved person, but there are definitely times where I do something expecting attention like when I offer people free gifts in public or do public surveys. I've also worked jobs where I had no choice in the matter, so that certainly helped me to break some of my shyness. :)

Last edited:

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
I won't lie, I kind of enjoy it. Lol. Only sometimes though, it gets exhausting having all eyes on you for too long, especially when people have expectations. Getting attention is nice, but I usually try to be modest.

Years
I think it depends on the situation. I don't mind being the centre of attention if it's a product of my own doing. I'm not a fan of when another person's words or actions put me int he centre of attention.

I remember one time in class we were discussing abortion, a heavy handed topic I didn't want to get involved with that day. My friend, during the course of giving an answer, mentioned my views on abortion and how they were different to his. With everyone looking for some type of response I couldn't really sit and not say anything. It's situations like that I'm not a fan of. I prefer putting myself int he centre of attention if the situation is right.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 17, 2019
i always hated people looking at me and being the only child in my family that means i got looked at a lot and got plenty of attention
HATED IT
i still hate it

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
It used to bother me quite a bit, but I have since gotten over it. I don't actively try to become of the centre of attention(at least in real life lol), but if it happens I'm usually fine. However due to my positions in politics and religion it can be easy for me to stand out in some circles. xD

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I couldn't care less if I'm not in the spotlight, tbh.

There are times when I want to be in there (especially if I did something great. A little praise could work wonders on me) but most of the time I tend to stay out of it.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
most of the time i absolutely hate it, but sometimes i don't mind it, like if it's for praise on my writing or my video game skills. most of the time i'm very shy and modes about getting attention probably because i'm still not used to it

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
I guess it depends on what I am being the center of attention for.
I had a solo in my last recital in July and it was the most nerve-wracking thing I have ever done, but the adrenaline is fun. I'd do it again.

Years
I don't aim to be the centre of attention but I'm reasonably comfortable there since I had to get used to it for my hobby.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I tend to get sort of rambling when I end up being the center of attention these days. Used to handle it better lol. I prefer to be the center of somebody's attention on the sidelines rather than in the middle of everything, I think.

DeusPro

Banned
Years
I think I deal with it pretty well, unless if it's negative (Notice, it's negative 100% of the time)
I mean, I'm an actor, and although I'm not the best, I handle myself pretty well. I like being the center, but definitely not for too long. That gets tiring.

Sirfetch’d

I don't care much for being in the spotlight tbh. It happens from time to time at work and it annoys the hell out of me. I'm a reserved person by nature and like people around me to be a little reserved with their attention.

Years
nooo thanks. I really live up to my username. I don't like standing out and would highly prefer someone else get the spotlight while I blend into the background lol.

Years
I always prefer to not stick out. The only time I enjoy it is when I'm with a group of friends, and it's also easier to handle attention online.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I get a little (or a lot) nervous, but sometimes I enjoy being the center of attention for some reason.

Last edited:

User19sq

Sometimes I do, but I'm mostly nervous throughout. It's usually dependent on context.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
When I was younger I loved it and always wanted to be the center of attention, but I remember around the time I turned 15 I just caved into myself and never wanted to be noticed. I think currently I have a much healthier attitude towards being the center where I don't mind it in some situations but i generally like to keep to myself

Back