• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: The Daily Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
  • I see the member of the month thread and somebody put me as a smart member

This must be their reaction to me

OAkjH99.gif

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I was a bit puzzled at the motion to advocate for advertisements, but when you put it more theorhetically like that it makes sense.

So, we know what the idea wasn't... but what was it? Is the policy just "do more than that," or is it something more specific? I'd imagine a healthy thing to set up is to have the forum have change flowing through it, even if subtly. Being involved is critical but I guess I like to look at things with special shades, haha.

A moderator is a leader of a forum. A good moderator is one that shows that he cares about the forum and the members within it. A good moderator does his best to promote activity within his forum, because he cares. A good moderator creates discussions and engages with his sub-community in discussions that they create.

When I was a higher staff, I was obsessed with moderator management. I would want to be the one to fire mods that we chose to fire. I would want to be the one to send staff warnings. I would want to be the one to bring up someone for promotions, and to offer them a position on the team. I wanted every moderator to fit my ideal moderator, and if they didn't, I wanted them fired. And, frankly, most of them were.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • A moderator is a leader of a forum. A good moderator is one that shows that he cares about the forum and the members within it. A good moderator does his best to promote activity within his forum, because he cares. A good moderator creates discussions and engages with his sub-community in discussions that they create.

When I was a higher staff, I was obsessed with moderator management. I would want to be the one to fire mods that we chose to fire. I would want to be the one to send staff warnings. I would want to be the one to bring up someone for promotions, and to offer them a position on the team. I wanted every moderator to fit my ideal moderator, and if they didn't, I wanted them fired.
    That unbending will sounds all too familiar lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    That unbending will sounds all too familiar lol

It was important to me. Because I worked my ass off as a moderator and felt, if you chose to become one, it's a responsibility that you're taking. I mean, I realized that it is just a forum, but it's a choice you have to make. It's not granted on you without you accepting it. And if you choose to accept it, you should do a good job.

If you don't want to do a good job, there are dozens of other people just waiting for a chance. Don't take it from them.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • It was important to me. Because I worked my ass off as a moderator and felt, if you chose to become one, it's a responsibility that you're taking. I mean, I realized that it is just a forum, but it's a choice you have to make. It's not granted on you without you accepting it. And if you choose to accept it, you should do a good job.
    I can say similar with things I worked on, and not even just with social things. People say I write some of the most beautiful and elegant code, and I think I do. The grammar is perfect, the logic is the best. And I still have my way with preferences.

In my short time alive I have had such a hard time grasping caring some middle amount - either you care or you don't. You put your 100% forth because you think it's worthwhile, or you don't do anything. Don't have a choice? Do the minimum.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    When I was a higher staff, I was obsessed with moderator management. I would want to be the one to fire mods that we chose to fire. I would want to be the one to send staff warnings. I would want to be the one to bring up someone for promotions, and to offer them a position on the team. I wanted every moderator to fit my ideal moderator, and if they didn't, I wanted them fired. And, frankly, most of them were.

what kind of kevin spacey monologue

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    A moderator is a leader of a forum. A good moderator is one that shows that he cares about the forum and the members within it. A good moderator does his best to promote activity within his forum, because he cares. A good moderator creates discussions and engages with his sub-community in discussions that they create.

what kind of kevin spacey monologue
    le0yLQj.jpg

I have too much free time on my hands

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

*crawls back to the rpc and hugs its regulars*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi guys I got pokemon ruby for game boy advance {XD}
    Wow, that's quite the achievement seeing how old that console and game are now. Or do you mean that you have them and have had them for a while?

If you are new to PC, you should head over to the Welcome Lounge and create a thread there! People will be happy to welcome you over there! Not that we aren't here, haha, it might just be more difficult to get into swings here than there.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I wanted every moderator to fit my ideal moderator, and if they didn't, I wanted them fired. And, frankly, most of them were.

This doesn't sound like a healthy attitude, in all honesty. It sounds almost as if you're producing an army to take over the world instead of nurturing moderators for a Pokemon forum.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    This doesn't sound like a healthy attitude, in all honesty. It sounds almost as if you're producing an army to take over the world instead of nurturing moderators for a Pokemon forum.
    It doesn't sound like a healthy attitude necessarily, but it sounds like an attitude that was necessary at the time, because it really was in my own opinion. Eventually the higher staff as a whole moved towards that sort of attitude, rather than allowing babysitter mods to just hang out and log in once a day and clean the reports and then go back to their lives. Not saying that I was the one to start pushing those ideals, because they were around before I was promoted to super moderator.

Disagree entirely about it sounding like I was looking to produce an army instead of nurturing moderators for a Pokémon forum, though, but I can see how it is an unhealthy attitude. Still, I'm not sorry for it.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Master Moderation Race Army when?

Keep in mind that PC isn't strictly in countries where "muh freedom" is prevalent and think government should monitor everything due to the dangers of human nature, so I kinda get where King Goodra is trying to say.

Years
  • @King Goodra In all honesty, I really think there's nothing wrong with that kind of attitude.

Going slightly offtopic here: There are people in this world who just want to do their damn jobs, even with all adversity they keep doing their job, even though they hate their job, they still keep doing it and they want to do it properly and take it seriously. They're working really hard to achieve something that lots of people get easily. That's the kind of attitude I respect.

Just saiyng,

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back