• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Someone just called you a nerd. Are you insulted?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
i tried to edit jake's post to say "wow i'm a nerd" but no edit message showed up outing me as the mastermind so it just looked like he genuinely said it and now i'm disappointed.

Years
Would I be insulted? No.

If some asshat went out of their way to call me a nerd in an attempt to insult me though, I would be annoyed. Not by the word choice as much as the attempt. That's time I'm not getting back that I could have spent doing something nerdy ffs.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
if someone calls me a nerd, I'll make sure to stabbabitch. Uncalled for and I need to release a lot of pent-up aggression.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
No cause being a nerd isnt a bad thing. If you called me that when I was like 15, I'd be offended but now I really don't care.

Last edited:

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
Years
I don't think I EVER thought of the word 'nerd' as an insult, but then again, I grew up home schooled.

I don't get why smart people would be disliked, either, but I won't look at any comments on this post anyways. Since i'm so sensitive (especially about other girly girls).

I just felt like speaking my mind a bit here, though, anyways~ :)

(so, yeah, please don't quote this post. i don't want to see any posts in this thread in my notifications. they could cause me meltdowns. i just wanted to speak up about how i felt)

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
So I was walking my dog with one more leg today and someone called me a nerd with a frankenstein complex so I guess it is a compliment after all.

pkmin3033

Depends on the intent with which they say it, really. Tone, body language, context...all these things will determine whether it is offensive or not. Although as far as insults go it'd be pretty pitiful and not particularly imaginative so it's unlikely I'd be offended.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I've stopped caring about what people call me ages ago. Nerd is something I happily embrace.

Back