• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your favourite pokemon

Years
  • Hai. Why are you shying. Don't be shy. And tell us what is your favourite fourth gen pokemon here. But remember to tell us why he is your favourite 4th gen pokemon. If a pokemon got ten votes he will be crowened as the most favourite 4th gen pokemon. Sorry no polls. Voting only on your post.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • tumblr_nuy68tnWU51uc5z6jo1_500.gif

Whywhy-- The banished Giratina of course.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    My favorite Gen 4 Pokemon is Garchomp

tho I'm terrible at explaining why so no explanation

Arceus would probably be second favorite

Years
  • Bronzong, probably. Bronzong is one of the better Psychic types in my opinion, because it can take more than a few punches and dish out the pain when utilized to its fullest potential.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Weavile. Speedy hard-hitters are great tbh. Also Foresight+False Swipe+Thief.
    Luxray also pretty great- it's the only electric type I've ever been fond of using! Oh gosh and Roserade is top notch.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I can't say I have a no.1 fav from this gen as it tend to change over time but amongst my favs are Mamoswine (a bro in my latest SS run for helping me defeat the champion), Magnezone (wrecked shit in my first X run and also helped me kill the champion), Magmortar (proved to destroy in TRBG and helped defeat the Froslass in the 7th gym thanks to Faint attack) and much more. Huh, most of my favs from this gen were the cross gen evos.

AmetsuCAT

KITTY POWER!!
    Years
    • Age 24
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Garchomp definitely, also my all time favourite.

Just ever since I saw it I fell in love with its design - mainly cause it's blue - which was when I evolved my Gabite I caught at Victory road. It's often a team member in my play throughs, and I love the colour of its shiny mega :P

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Weavile is an amazing Pokémon. I love how it looks, the moves it can learn, and it is arguably one of the best Ice-types out there imo. There are loads of Sinnoh Pokémon that I love, but I'd say Weavile and Roserade are my top two.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd have to say Togekiss! I always thought Togetic was missing something and I think Togekiss solved that. It to mention it gave it competitive viability. Plus it's adorable, what more could you want? :P

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • ahhhh Mamoswine how did I forget Mamoswine? I adore it <33 And Togekiss was great when I used it! Honestly 4th gen had a lot of great mon <33

Rin Sohma

Walking on the beach with her Vaporeon
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Mar 31, 2017
    I must agree that I think Togekiss is my favorite Gen IV! It has an adorable design alongside being powerful. I think Drifloon is a close second for its design and description. The creepy backstories from Gen IV have helped it remain my favorite.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Froslass <3 I love to play with this Pokemon, the design is nice, and it is ghost/ice, both types I like :3
    And my favorite move is destiny bond. This is a speedy Pokemon that can learn Destiny bond. Perfection.

Years
  • Togekiss. With the addition of this evolution togepi's line transformed from being cute into a juggernaut. Even with super-effective moves you're not smashing through its defenses in one turn. Then he has so many options to heal himself or even get one of your allies straight by making a wish. Status moves won't even work thanks to heal bell.

His ability serene grace is just unfair... a strong stab move in air slash bumped up to a whopping 60% chance for flinch means you never may be able to even get started. Those doubled odds make everything look good on this winged little creature from shadow ball to ancient power.

You can pretty much teach him to kill any typing you want to because his list of coverage moves are just ridiculous. Not the least of which includes a strong, never-missing, fighting move in aura sphere, perfectly tailored to special attackers like himself.

If he chooses to set himself up with say a nasty plot or calm mind then the apocalypse is coming, just say your prayers and bid the world good bye. There's not much you can do about it because all this cuddly critter has to do is yawn at you before hand, you'll either be asleep or forced to flee the field, either way its free turn for togekiss and the end is coming :p

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • Oh man. Top 5 are probably (in no particular order):

• Empoleon, all around bro, and a great final evo for a PvE starter with decent stats and good offensive typing.
    • Giratina: it's essentially an antimatter basilisk. Fucking rad.
    • Garchomp: all aboard the pain train
    • Electivire: doesn't have a dopey design like 80% of the cross-gen evos, good movepool.
    • Roserade: top waifu, great stats and great movepool. most fabulous 'mon of Gen IV

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
    Years
  • Darkrai and always Darkrai. He is the ultimate in doubles, as Dark Void has a higher success rate than Hypnosis AND it puts both opponents to sleep. Add to that Bad Dreams and Nightmare, to drain their health each turn, using Dream Eater to regain your own energy, plus his high Speed and Sp Atk. Darkrai is the most perfect Pokemon around. He looks awesome too!

Years
  • Gotta say Dusknoir i just love his Grim reaper design And that he is a wall capable of holding his own with Elemental punches Each time i play through a Gen 4 game i always make sure to get a Dusknoir as quickly as possible.

Back