• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Daily Cross Chop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I did Hot Wheels until I was about four, Legos until about 8 (12 if you count holding back for my sister), and Pokémon canon from about 6 to 14. I'm just one of those Bug Maniacs or creepy Collectors about Pokémon now - I've lost the shimmering youth of a Youngster or a Bug Catcher.
    Have YOU lost your shimmering youth? How do you think you saying that makes us 20+ feel? :p I'm young and shimmering!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I still go back to the times of playing with legos as a kid... Even kicking a ball in the street, and even playing games still from the 80's to around 2005. I don't see myself going away from that anytime soon... I'm 24 and I'd still say that I was a kid. XD

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Have YOU lost your shimmering youth? How do you think you saying that makes us 20+ feel? :p I'm young and shimmering!

As unfortunate as it is, I've always been jaded as hell. I'm a bit ahead of my time, I hate people my age for their immaturity, prefer older company, etc. I have the mind of an old man. I remember my father said I have no reason to be so jaded - I was more jaded than him then and he has 30 years on me. :P

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    I'll be getting some tarantulas for Christmas. Some new OW species, which should be really nice.

How hard is it to keep tarantulas? I've always been curious about how the keepers treat them and such. They're definitely a very fascinating species even though I can't get close to them, hah.

Years
  • I sadly was forced to grow out of toys by my mother because she considers it weird to like toys when you're older than your early teens. However, I did keep some of my old plushies stored away in case I needed one to cuddle.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    How hard is it to keep tarantulas? I've always been curious about how the keepers treat them and such. They're definitely a very fascinating species even though I can't get close to them, hah.

It ranges from easy to one of the most hardest things to master. Depends on the species, a G. rosea, can be kept dry with a water bowl and at least 70 degrees. A T. stirmi on the other hand needs to be kept at 80% humidity, 75-85 degrees temp., etc. You also have to take effect on their venom potency. These are not handling animals even though some people do. They're fragile and can die very easily due to owner negligence. VM me for more info.

Years
  • I sadly was forced to grow out of toys by my mother because she considers it weird to like toys when you're older than your early teens. However, I did keep some of my old plushies stored away in case I needed one to cuddle.

That sucks :/

My parents pretty much dont bother, they ask me ironically sometimes "really", but I know they are fine with it.
    (plus idc what ppl think about my childish habits anyway lol)

Years
  • My mother is a total jerk. That's why I hate her, because she's always in a bad mood and makes me do chores that would have otherwise could have been done by her but she always makes excuses.

Just pure annoying if I have to say.

Years
  • Being in a college dorm has perks such as not being hampered by my family. I had enough of a hard time in 2008 when my brother would completely disregard my feelings and do rude things that he would only declare bad when I do them (he's out of college now, though). And my mom yelling at me over things that I really cannot even consider bad at all is just unbearable. My dad is quite a bit more lenient, though.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • My mother is a total jerk. That's why I hate her, because she's always in a bad mood and makes me do chores that would have otherwise could have been done by her but she always makes excuses.

Just pure annoying if I have to say.

Um.

She makes you do chores because she wants you to do so? You live in the same house as her. You share a house, you share the chores. If you hate her simply because she makes you do chores then that's not a valid excuse.

Surely, I grew up hating to do chores, but I matured. I'm used to them. I really don't mind doing them. My parents are getting old and they are overworked. They appreciate their children doing housework, and that is always a good thing.

Years
  • Um.

She makes you do chores because she wants you to do so? You live in the same house as her. You share a house, you share the chores. If you hate her simply because she makes you do chores then that's not a valid excuse.

I can see where you're coming from here, the main reason is that she is so demanding I cannot keep up at all. I know she's pretty old so she's relying on me to do the work, but the problem is that I'm not very speedy at the job at all and that's my downfall.

My brother is also lazy and claims they are "female jobs", meaning I get extremely tired after working.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • I can see where you're coming from here, the main reason is that she is so demanding I cannot keep up at all. I know she's pretty old so she's relying on me to do the work, but the problem is that I'm not very speedy at the job at all and that's my downfall.

My brother is also lazy and claims they are "female jobs", meaning I get extremely tired after working.

She's reliant on you for work? Okay, a few questions. First, is she giving you something for that work? Second, if you are receiving something (I'd imagine shelter/groceries and the like), is it enough to justify her negative behaviour over your performance? Are the things she's giving you something you'd see her taking away were you to cease tolerating her volatile behaviour?

If she's not going to relinquish her contribution, or you think you can provide for yourself what she's giving, I'd suggest taking a stand. Menial work is never worth an emotional battering at all.

Years
  • I really don't mind chores. I once tried to live with two friends with the caveat that I'd do their chores for them. BUT THEY NEVER GAVE ME ANYTHING TO DO. They lived in filth so I literally just didn't know what they actually wanted me to do and what was an acceptable level of disorganization. They kicked me out without ever properly communicating to me what I'm supposed to do, even though I asked multiple times, and it caused me to have to leave the job of my dreams. And that's my experience with chores.

I live with a different friend and she actually TELLS ME WHAT TO DO, like clean the kitchen or bathroom, and I do it, and we have no conflicts whatsoever. It really is not that difficult to communicate with people.

Years
  • I don't like chores. They're so menial! Cooking is different, because it requires you to think. I like that. Laundry? They can go wash themselves.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love to vacuum. Especially when you go over a spot and it makes that crackling noise. Pine needles on a rug are one of my favorite things to vacuum. I know someone out there must feel me on this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back