• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favourite pizza places

Years
  • What are they? Personally, I'm tired of being stuck between the Big Pizza Chains and am looking for a refreshing change for once.

Years
  • Find small local takeaways, the ones we have here like always have good sized pies and great deals normally on them too

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • freshslice which is only a thing where i live i think
    i used to only pretend to like it ironically and thought it was actually terrible and then i realized its actually pretty good

Years
  • yeah bc I live close to Pizza Hut, Papa John's and Domino's, I tend to order from either one of those but ngl I'm getting tired of all of them and I'm about to try out some local pizza eateries just to see what they're like.

For a while I've been reluctant because mom and pop pizza shops tend to be higher priced, but if their pizza tastes better then I'll gladly eat the cost.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i love local places usually but as far as i know there's no local pizza places where i live.

salvatore's is a good one and main street pizza but that one is just a local one for where i used to live in new york.

Years
  • freshslice which is only a thing where i live i think
    i used to only pretend to like it ironically and thought it was actually terrible and then i realized its actually pretty good
    The only thing Freshslice has going for it is they're usually the cheapest option in food courts, and you usually get what you pay for. Then again, I've never gotten a full pizza from them, and I've got one literally two blocks from my house, so maybe I should give them another chance.

I usually just order Domino's whenever I get pizza, since the Papa John's here sucks, and Pizza Hut is way overpriced for what it is. There are lots of little mom and pop pizza places around here though, and I should really try a few of them.

Years
  • ngl Papa John's is the best option out of where I live because Domino's Pizza tastes like cardboard and the only good thing about Pizza Hut's pizza is that they have flavoured crust options. The pizza itself is meh.

Years
  • Out of Pizza Hut/Papa Johns/etc., I would choose Dominos as my favorite commercial pizza.

There's a bar, however, that serves Dijourno pizza and something about the way they make them is so delicious.

My favorite pizza, tho, comes from a local franchise in Louisiana called Johnny's Pizza. Holy cow, it's SO good.

I will also say I'm extremely lactose intolerant so I shouldn't be eating pizza.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 23, 2024
    My favourite pizza place is Domino's, by far, I really like their pizza a lot. I don't have pizza very often tho. I am alright with Pizza Hut, but I do find the ones here in the East of the UK, a bit too floppy and greasy. I've eaten a few store brought pizza's before as well, they are no where near as good as Domino's pizza.

Bay

Years
  • In terms of the big chains Pizza Hut is what my family get from the most. I can tolerate it for the most part. For local, there was one that was next to my aunt's former place of work and I would often eat that a lot whenever my mom and I would visit her. Hadn't eaten their pizza in years though. There's also one or two local pizza places my workplace would get from and while they're fine for the most part the crusts are a bit tin lol.

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
  • We've got all the popular chains around, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, dominoes, and the like. Being from the St. Louis area, we also have imos which is great. But where I live, there is a mom and pop place called Guffeys. It's thin crust heaven. Never had a better pizza.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I looooooooove Mama Teresa's Flying Pizza in Galveston. Their pizza is authentic, and made Italian style, which is what I love!

Commercial-wise, I love Papa Johns, but because my boyfriend's mother is political she prohibits Papa John's. >_>

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    If they have Mod Pizza or Your Pie down there, you need to try that. That's an order, soldier.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • unfortunately there's none around my area

Same with us. D: I live in a small town, and the only pizza place we have nearby is Rosati's or whatever... and they suck imo.

Anyway, I love Domino's and Pizza Hut. Those are about the only ones I know that are worth mentioning.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I live in the small-ish town and there is one great pizzeria about 10 minutes from my home. They make huge and great pizzas for a nice price. They have another restaurant on the other side of the town too and pizza from there is just awful. I don't get how one branch can make the best and the worst pizza in the town.

Years
  • There used to be this Pizza franchise called Sarpinos that made incredible pizzas. They were a little smaller than Dominoes or Pizza Hut ones but healthier and tasted much better. They don't exist anymore though, at least not anywhere near me, so I go with Dominoes now when I'm well enough for pizza.

Back