• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What made you smile/happy today?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I finally broke out of a month long decline in chess. Jumped nearly 100+ points in the last 3 days and hit a personal best ELO record of 955.

Years
  • My Chansey evolved into a Blissey. Friendship-based evolutions are my favorite, a reminder of the road we have traveled together and our caring for one another. I worked so hard to help her reach this stage, holding that soothe bell. Her name is Kuan Yin. I gave her the name of the Buddhist bodhisattva who personifies karuna (compassion and mercy) because of how kind this Pokemon is known to be.

Years
  • A rather successful family diner <3 My aunt and uncle, despite being sworn enemies, actually talked to each other earlier :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    This is for yesterday but got through the first day of my internship! The work is so interesting and I like the people I'm working with. I had so much anxiety about what it'd be like but it ended up being OK. I'm glad I tried to push myself to be more confident and start convos as me and another intern there hit it off as friends super well. I am still nervous but I think I'm getting better, haha. Uni has really forced me to talk to a lot of new people and whilst it was incredibly uncomfortable at first I think I'm enjoying it once I got more of a feel for it.

And I got bubble tea on the way home and Indian food for dinner so it was a good day. Happy to have achieved one of my goals for 2022. :D

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • I'm the only one at work today, I only have to work for 4 hrs (3 left) and I'm getting paid time and a half for pretty much playing on my Switch and listening to music :D

Years
  • I saw a moving doc this morning about a gentle little boy in Brazil named Luan, and the dedicated family who took care of him. When he was born there was in the middle of his face a mass of tissue that looked like a tumor the size of a fist. The condition was explained as the baby's skull not fully closing like it's supposed to during the last few weeks of his mother's pregnancy, so he had brain tissue literally coming out and protruding from his skull. For two years no local doctor would operate on Luan, and it was getting worse where the kid was suffering seizures, and at risk of going blind because the tissue was covering his eyes, and he could also easily die from infections like meningitis because he had a hole in his head, and nothing to protect the membranes.

His mother would not stop searching for help, and would go to different cities appealing for experts to take up her son's case, until they found a great brain surgeon who was willing to perform a procedure on Luan. It was a risky operation, where they had to preserve the healthy tissue and put it back in his skull, and seal the open skull with a titanium plate, and give him a shunt to drain the brain fluid that was building up, but this brave boy's surgery was a complete success story. I didn't recognize him afterward, and he's in a good health-- they said his recovery was remarkable, and I think he looks like he's going to be a handsome young man when he's finished healing and grows up. His loved ones say he's laughing and happy. I was so relieved, and glad for him and his family. I had a smile on my face at the end of the video.

tenfrogs

mrs. van mccann
    Years
  • I was about to cancel on a friend who I had a coffee date planned with. I decided last minute NOT to cancel, went and met up with her and had a great time! Haven't seen her in a while and her boyfriend was at work so it was the perfect opportunity for us to catch up.

Years
  • I read a news article from BBC this morning about a policy getting overturned in Tanzania that banned people from continuing school if they got pregnant and had children. They interviewed a young woman named Esnath who had been thrown out of the classroom because she had a child, but now the law has been changed, and nobody can stop her from completing her education. She looked happy in the video with her kids, and she is preparing to become a lawyer. That's pretty awesome.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I set up a new account on Pokemon Showdown. One of my first opponents messages me "Why are you getting so lucky? Kill yourself you fatherless fuck". Got me there.

Being that upset, you would think we were competing in the winter olympics. Not 1,100 elo random battles.

Then he forfeited.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Today has been kind of a special day actually, I have to make a post here... first of all, my exam went pretty well, I think! Missed some stuff here and there but I was able to give a very thorough explanation on one question and it just looked nice to see all of that stuff laid out on the paper!
    Second, I met a rather special person today, even if it was all kind of organized on the spot and all that!
    And finally, I got kind of a special present... that's all I can say though!

Years
  • lovely people sending me Valentines from luvdisc today and all throughout this week. You guys make my day, I feel so lucky to have such awesome friends, each and every one of you <3 You make me smile
    What made you smile/happy today?

Back