• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2021 year in review

Years
  • + i became employed full time
    - i did not lose any weight at all nor have I changed my diet

i really hope to at least get a normal exercise routine going that can at least help me lose weight or not gain any and be able to still somewhat enjoy the foods i love

Years
  • + Earned the most I ever have in my life
    - Lost that client at the end of the year

Improvement I hope for this 2022: Getting a more stable job that, while not necessarily paying as much, would last a lot longer and cover benefits. I used to want to work from home, but at this point I want a job that allows me to continue earning even in times of tragedy. My country is nowhere near prepared yet to accommodate fully online working, considering how laughably sluggish the disaster response team is. Shoutouts to Day 17 without electricity wee

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    + I left a job that was impacting my health
    - I gained weight that I don't need and made it close to 200 pounds.

I want and need to lose weight. I need to be more active even when it's cold out. Need to drink less pop and more water and just eat better overall. I'm hoping I can lose at least 5 pounds a month to start. Being 5 feet and 185 pounds is not good at all. If I was a cat I'd be Chonks...lol.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    + I'm starting to be kinder to myself and though there is a lot I could improve on, it is a lot of progress from where I was years ago. I had a lot of toxic mindsets about myself that took a long time to realise. I've started letting go of some of them like toxic productivity. I'm glad I take free time for myself now and that I can start having proper hobbies that I feel interested about again. Life feels a little brighter and I can be happy about that.

- I've been struggling with regard to flare ups in anxiety/depression at times, but at least am able to appear on the surface that it isn't affecting me. I think I'm doing a decent job a managing it, on the bright side.

I hope to improve on my self-confidence this year and be less painfully shy when it comes to talking with people, particularly in-person. I don't want my shyness to hold me back from enjoying life. :D

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • +I got back into writing and now have a writing routine that I follow every week.

-I've had extreme bouts of dark depression this year to the point of eating even less than I already do. I was never a big eater, but after the pandemic hit, I started getting scared, and started to drop as much food as possible. My grandmother also died a week before Christmas.

I'm hoping I gain more self confidence this year. I probably won't, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    + I've had some more progress in regards to mental health and PC integrity. That is: getting a proper diagnosis for my mental issue as well as finally feeling a lot more part of the community.
    - The year was still a continuation of bad work mentality. I still have somewhat of an unhealthy obsession with productivity and still have problems finding and getting better at a fun hobby.

I still need to figure things out in regards to gender identity as well as find a way to put work in its place so I can hopefully work on something else. I still need to get better at drawing, even if it's just the next step towards improvement.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • + I did spend some wonderful moments with my partner this year, there were highlights that kept me sane and happy. Even little things like enjoying new games or watching Let's Plays or movies. I also made a very close friend this year.
    - I had the worst breakdown of my life; 2021 was a toxic stain on my mental (and therefore physical) health and I'm still trying to push through it. Unfortunately the bad outweighs the good when I think back on the past year. :(

As for what I'd like to change... I don't want to burden myself with too many expectations this time, so I'll just go with the flow and focus on keeping my mind positive. I also want to fix my sleep patterns, exercise a lot more until I'm 58-60kg again, and be better organised with my university assignments so I don't get overwhelmed again. Oh, I need to set up a savings account, too!

My biggest hope for 2022 is that COVID will ease up a lot, that way there might be a small chance my partner can fly over! <3

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • + idk really I guess it wasn't as awful as previous years I guess?
    - I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be in life for 2021

Idek what I'd change for this year, at the very least I hope that this whole state of the pandemic improves I suppose.

Years
  • + I finished up my Master Degree and landed my dream job at the university
    - I and my gf are still not living together, because the reconstruction of our flat takes so much time

For 2022, I hope I can properly start my phd, move in with my gf and get married.

Years
    • Seen today
    + I found a book I enjoy. It's been nearly 7 years since I've finished a book. I did not like reading growing up and would find ways out of every reading assignment. I truly like this one.

-Loss of a loved one to alcoholism in November. Not much more needs to be said.

I hope our dog's heartworm treatment is successful so she can enjoy her life normally.

Years
  • + I lost 50 pounds.
    - My step father died, I became displaced, the public mental health system can't help me with the issues I have but I can't afford private. ;_;

I hope society as a whole learns from the mistakes made during COVID. Like opening up too soon and rampant unpreparedness in long term care facilities.

Years
  • + I made several steps towards actually fulfilling my goals as a writer. I finished a manuscript that's being edited right now for a release in Autumn, I learned a bit of screenwriting and made professional connections with other writers, artists and even an animator.

- For all the progress I've made on my projects, I'm still not happy with where I am in my life. Not enough in the way of completed work, not enough progress made in areas outside of my writing, not enough income etc etc.

I just want more people to start using their damn brains. :')

Back