• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pet owners, do you talk to your pets?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Wait there's people who don't??? I spend half my time at home talking to my pets (and whatever fosters we have at the time)!

Years
  • No, I treat them to stone cold silence and lock them in the dungeon should they dare withhold affection. My lovers get the same treatment, obviously. Can't have them thinking that they're above guinea pigs. No sir. I don't even feed them lettuce.

But ahem, of course I speak to them! How else are they supposed to know that they're pwecious?

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    HOW CAN YOU NOT? animals like to hear the sound of their companion human's voice.

plus, it's a nice way to interact with them. they pay attention and know you're addressing them, it's fun. i love asking my little kitties what they're up to and how they're feeling and what they're exploring. they're such funny personalities, i could never leave them alone like that. i love them.

Years
  • I don't have long drawn out conversations but I definitely talk to them in passing.
    They seem to prefer that to being ignored weirdly enough.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    they must know about the sliding scale of how good/bad they are and the impact of good/bad when factoring in the current popularity of other animals in the house

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I love talking to Simba! :3 He seems to show lots of interest in what I have to say, too ^_^

Simba also gets very calm when he listens to certain types of music.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • I sing to my little boy too <3

I can sense that he finds me entertaining. xD

Singing on dog walks, is especially fun. But yesterday when I walked in the snow a second time, I just stayed quiet so I could admire the pretty whiteness :3

Living with Simba is a lot of fun. I hope he still has a good amount more years left. It would be hard to replace him when he dies, anyways (my mom doesn't want other pets also i think it wouldn't feel right to get another pet for awhile :< cuz i'm very attached to Simba :3)

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • My dog has been dead for about a year now, but when she was alive and around I definitely talked to her. She was always such a good listener when I needed it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Yes, I have talked to my dog many times. Being a whippet he wouldn't respond too much with sounds... unless it had to do with going on a walk, then he would whine and so forth, haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wait there's people who don't??? I spend half my time at home talking to my pets (and whatever fosters we have at the time)!
    this
    i speak to them in english nowadays, i blame basically everyone around me since swedes are a minority these days

Bay

Years
  • Like everyone else, yes I do also. Sometimes I even also blow them kisses or sing some cutesy to them. One of my cats doesn't like it when I blow her a kiss though haha.

Back