• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i cant go out im sick

Years
  • How often do you get sick? Do you get a flu shot?
    When you're sick, what do you do to help yourself get better?

Do you have a preferred dish that makes you feel like your old self? Or perhaps a drink?
    Or do you just stock up on vitamin c, cold medicine, and pass out?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    is that a mean girls reference

I am actually sick right now (sore throat + cough), and I was home from work for 2 days this week. I just ate a bunch of cough drops, drank lots of water and gargled with salt, feeling better today.

Years
  • people getting sick is so wild to me because i so rarely ever get sick these days

like maybe once or twice a year but no more than that, and i never get sick for longer than a few days or a week. @_@

CrimsonMajestic

From Dusk to Dawn
    Years
  • people getting sick is so wild to me because i so rarely ever get sick these days
    I share a similar sentiment to this; though I never get 'sick'---at least to the point I have to put aside any obligations.

Though, it seems I am surrounded by 'sick' people quite often, and this (of several factors) makes it seem like that I am in the wrong room most of the time. On top of this, being around sick people after so long can get quite irritating---especially hearing people cough with their mouth open. Not to mention this can kill my vibe, surrounding myself in pathology & all.

Years
  • personally, im not sure if i just have really healthy habits as far as eating or drinking goes, or whether im just not around sick people all that much to get sick myself. :x

Years
  • I'd always get really bad asthma and hay fever/allergies but I went ten about ten years without getting legitimately sick. Then 2015 happened and I've been sick for nearly three years now :')

Bay

Years
  • I think once every few years I would get really sick. Last time I got a bad cold was January of last year. That time I took loads of cough medicine, drank soup, and eat oranges.

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • Only on special occasions.; Yes, because flu shots are an important part of staying healthy.; Take medicine to curb the infection and seek out healthy food.

TY

I never get sick, if i get sick, supermarkets win the war and that is simply not allowed to happen

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Been awhile since I was sick but the last memorable cold I had was a doozy, complete with Pink Eye despite having never rubbed my eyes.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I tend to come down with something pretty often. Nothing severe but a little cold or a bug nonetheless. Though, it has been infrequent lately! Doubt I'll go the whole winter without contracting something though, lol.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My immune system is absolute shit so I get sick often. But I've been taking C-vitamin (and iron) daily for the past month and haven't gotten as much as a cold. Maybe it actually works o:

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I know ever since working at this job I have now it seemed like every time I would clean games I would get sick even if I wore gloves. I think I got sick a total of 5 times last season.

Years
  • I feel like I get sick quite often lately, especially this summer /: Which I guess could be because I'm exposed to hugely fluctuating temperates (the central AC at work is set so low I have to turn on the space heater in my cubicle...) and then when I go out it's insanely hot and humid. No middle ground. Plus I work in an area where a lot of people come and go so sickness can pass around a lot more easily. Still though....it wasn't like this before, so I need to I guess take more vitamins to better my immune system.

But I had the flu shot done for the first time in winter and it helped for a few months! Didn't get sick at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Rarely. Right now I'm getting a lot of hot and cold flashes that aren't pleasant, I assume because of the dramatic change in temperature. It's been going on for a couple days now.

Back