• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] How would you guys react if it was revealed that there will be no trainer customisation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • I...don't even want to think about it. The feature is so important to me - honestly, I might consider not buying the game, just to send a message; but I'm not sure if I'd actually have the willpower to do that. It may seem ridiculous, but nothing in Pokemon has actually upset me to that level before. :(

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I'd be disappointed if it didn't make a return as it's one of my favorite features by far, more so in X and Y then SM or USUM, but I'd likely still buy the game because I cannot resist Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I wouldn't care one way or another. It's not a make or break thing for me. I've never really been that into it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I wouldn't mind, but would be surprised if they didn't have this.

Though all this thread is doing to me right now is making me remember just how I miss the inexplicable charm of having your character be reduced to a tiny tiny sprite when you play the game… I probably sound a little ridiculous and I don't know quite what it is, but back when it was just a 2D sprite, that felt real magical.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    "Crazy bitch, 26, slaughters half of video game company staff"

is a headline you'd see that day

I exaggerate, but I like having character customization and would not be pleased if they suddenly removed it for no reason

Years
  • I'd say I would be fairly shocked but then thinking about it this is a franchise that puts features you'd think are now standard in one generation and then takes them out randomly in another (Day/Night cycle, seasons, national dex, following Pokémon), so given their past decisions it wouldn't be completely shocking to me to be honest. I know I would be disappointed though.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I went to sleep after posting on this fourm and then dreamed Sword and Shield had customization xDD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • It'd be unusual given the feedback they had about not including it in ORAS and then bringing it back to SM/USUM. Not something to put past Game Freak doing again, but I think it'd be odd even for them. Not a concern of mine atm.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I would prefer character customization, but its very low on the list of wants for me and I can do without it. The character designs are good already; I don't really have any complaints.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Doesn't matter to me really only because the customization in the game still doesn't make it feel like I'm playing as me. XY was a whole 3 games ago by now it should be so many options that it'll be impossible for any trainer to look the same. But let's be honest the chances of that happening are slim.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Seriously though, I would be quite disappointed. It just wouldn't make sense for them to not include it. With the more powerful console at their hands, they should be able to include even more customization options.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I'd think it was a dumb design decision because I know a lot of people enjoy that feature, but I wouldn't personally care that much. I never really seemed to customise my trainer in past Pokemon games, or aesthetic-wise in RPGs in general.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back