• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Social Media

Which social media platforms do you use?

• Twitter

Votes: 26 65.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 17 42.5%
  • Snapchat

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Other

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Which social media platforms do you use most, if any? What do you mostly use them for? If you don't use them, why? Do you prefer following people you know IRL, online or both?

Additionally, another reason I wanted to make this thread - if you didn't already know, PokéCommunity is on several social media platforms, and I was wondering what sort of things you'd like to see from us, what would make you interested in following if you aren't already. Some feedback on how we're doing and what we could do to improve and make you more interested would be really appreciated! <3

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
None, I hate social media. Reddit, technically, but it's more of a forum now although it's being getting pretty popular and overall the overall quality is declining. Too much circlejerking and the default frontpage subs have become normie infested. Overall reddit is becoming on the level of social media in terms of low quality, thoughtless posts with lots of circlejerk. Ask a dumb question on Askreddit and you'll get gilded and 10000k plus upvotes for nothing. It's really stupid. I only go on certain subs now but even they are at risk of becoming low effort echochambers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Facebook, but I make only about 5 posts per year. I use it frequently, but almost exclusively to read.

The chat system is a great way to keep in contact with certain people, so I use that.

Then I have Twitter which I almost never touch.

Years
Facebook, Instagram, Reddit, Tumblr, Snapchat, Twitter, and uhhhhhhh apparently this thing called Vero but I'm not really sure what it is all about ?_?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
I have a Facebook account, but it's getting boring and full of spam and annoying chain mail-esque minion memes and "facts" that I basically only use it for Messenger and nothing else. I also have a Twitter account that I'm fairly active with, and a Reddit account that I use every now and again.

TY

I have facebook, never use it as i find it garbage really

Also have Twitter where i meme around and post spam

Digital Waffle

57 61 66 66 6C 65
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 18, 2018
I have a facebook account but it's mostly for university reasons, a lot goes on within closed groups. I myself, hardly ever post anything.

I sometimes check on reddit if you can call that a social media but it's mostly to check on a few choice subs.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
Years
Does youtube/soundcloud count as social media? If yes, I chose "Other".

It's 2018, and there still isn't any typical social media site that I'd rather use. All of them look unappealing :/

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I found social media to be a good source of information from people who produce content. Only reason why I have a Twitter account is just because of that.

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen May 3, 2018
Just my quick thought about Social Media, there is a new one called Vero which is growing popular recently. I mean, really it spread so quickly among my friends and classmates, now the whole school noticed it! Before I signed up for an account I couldn't understand why people were crazy about it. Great graphic design, no ads, only friends' posts, the only problem may be the load speed, but I'm fine with it. Thinking of abandoning Facebook and migrating here for good.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Apparently Youtube counts as social media (even though you can just watch videos), but if that's the case, that is all I use.

I honestly have no use or interest in things like Facebook or especially Twitter. And I talk with all my friends either through email, phone, or even texting. Those platforms are unneeded for my life.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
Years
I go through phases but for the most part mostly just Twitter. Facebook has become a zestball of no-thank-you for years and I'd just rather not touch it with a 10-foot pole.

Years
ah stuck in an endless loop of twitter, facebook, and reddit. honestly, i just use facebook to keep up with family and such who refuses to let go of it >.>

Years
Instagram and Snapchat. Both I use on a regular basis, Snapchat in particular. I have quite a few streaks to keep (upwards of 70).

Facebook is a little outdated for me, I made a Facebook account 4 years ago and I've maybe used it twice. It's not a platform that a lot of people my age use, I feel like it's more for 30-50 year olds.

Twitter, again, I have. However, I don't use it. I'll check it occasionally perhaps once a week but that's about it.

Another social media app that I use is VSCO, it's similar to instagram, but more aesthetic and rather than liking photos, you can republish or favourite them. I'm much more active on it compared to Instagram. (I post on Instagram once every 2-3 months, despite checking it daily.)

Last edited:

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I have Instagram (not that long ago), Facebook (creeping and candy crush) and Snapchat (800+ streak)

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
i use a lot of facebook, tumblr, twitter, lots and lots of youtube. also instagram. its mostly just those four though. i have snapchat but i almost never use it, really. facebook and tumblr i use daily, facebook to communicate with online friends and tumblr i mostly just use for the jse community tbh. and twitter i do use but not as often, i mostly use it just to keep up with the youtubers i watch, same with instagram. and we all know what i use youtube for, lol.

Last edited:
Years
I have a twitter and a tumblr and you guys can add me if you want and I'll follow you back ^^
twitter: ryuenjis
tumblr: demiossworddragon

Back