• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your New Year's resolutions?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • With this year slowly whiling away, and another year about to take its place, the age-old question pops up once again - what are your New Year's resolutions this time, for 2018? I have a fair few that I'd like to share:

- Start LPing
    - Create a full living Pokedex in UM
    - Do well this year at university
    - Change my phone case (does that even count?)
    - (Finally) fess up to the girl I like

TY

- find a bit of stability in my life
    - win at least 3 tournaments
    - stop randomly leaving stuff behind
    - make others happy

Thats what i have atm and its likely to expand upon that

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2023
    - Go to a specialized hospital to restart treatments for my chronic stomach condition
    - Stop going to work when I feel sick so I don't have to be brought back home so often
    - If my contract isn't extended due to my health, look into getting disapproved for employment because this shit isn't working
    - Spend more time working on my backlog
    - Watch Bojack Horseman because my buddy keeps bugging me about it
    - Get back into RPG Maker and try to actually go through with making that game that's been in my head for a decade

Years
  • I try not to make many, since I can't handle it. But this year I wanna try being more positive.

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • Trying to eat a bit healthier and reading more are my main two. Also want to become more experienced with hiking and visit more trails I haven't been to yet.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • * improve on my drawing skills
    * improve on my 'not being shy' speaking more
    * travel more

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    New Years Resolutions are empty promises for me cause I usually never accomplish those things. Guess I should get off my lazy butt for once

Years
  • I definitely need to work out a lot more, especially since there's a gym where I work, and I have free time most days to go there between both of my positions.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Probably the most overdone resolution, but my bff got engaged on Christmas Eve so me and her are going to start working out together and also eat better. Since I already work out occasionally and eat pretty well, I'm essentially her moral support to keep her going but I hope and intend to benefit from it as well.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I say this probably every single fucking year, and it never actually happens but... I really want to become a better writer. I'm always lazy and telling people it's hard. I want to stop doing that by actually learning things or whatever. I'll probably end up having to do this on my own without a college course (I'll be damned if I'm going to go through basic subjects in community college like in high school ugh). I've already found a story that can be written well with ideas I have... so I know I have the potential to learn as well. I'm just a slow learner at times. D:

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    My resolution in 2018 is to lose weight and get my physical issues fixed. That is, having less back, shoulder and neck problems to deal with.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My new years resolution is to pass the CSET in order to retake the credential program in my university to get a career as a full-time teacher, but I also want to do it before I turn 30 or else I may consider not having kids (I want to have kids while still in my 20's so I won't look old when they're in their teens).

Years
  • Uhm... I don't usually set new year resolutions either, but this year I really really just want to buy my own place (likely a co-op/apartment, since the housing market in NYC is impossible to break into unless you're filthy rich). And I suppose go out with friends more once I free up some time ugh. Otherwise I live life day by day and will see where it takes me =p

Years
  • I don't normally make resolutions, but I do have a few things I'd like to check off my list by the time the year is over.

The big one for me is to move to a new place. I live in a small basement suite an hour and a half commute away from work, so even if my next place isn't bigger, anything closer would be a bonus. Second on my list is to travel somewhere. I travelled outside the country for the first time on my own this past summer, and I've got the itch to do some more exploring. And third, as simple as it may be, I'd like to get back into video gaming. I can only think of 2 non-sports games that I played in 2017 (Ultra Moon and Sonic Mania), so getting back into it would be nice.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • 3840x2160

I usually don't make resolutions but this year there's only one thing I'd like to get done, which is to finally meet my girlfriend.

Back