• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

WFH

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    How is working from home going for you so far? Can you stay focused?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    It's very inefficient. My home is absolutely not suited for home office. It also doesn't help having neighbors/neighbors with children.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I wish I could work from home but kinda hard to do that when you work in an arcade. LOL!

Years
  • omg i've been working from home since 2017

it's the best :senpai:

staying focused is a mixed bag though, i'm usually pretty good at it though

Years
  • my mom is an accountant who has to work from home now, and she's been struggling to stay focused haha. on one end she doesn't have to wake up early but on the other end being home makes it tougher to stay focused on her work. she's still doing but, though with some complaints haha

Years
  • I've been working from home for about two weeks now. My at home set up isnt as efficient as my in office one so I feel like im not getting as much work done so I hope to get back to the office soon.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    My fiancee works from home now and he loves it! Still gets plenty of work done, and doesn't have to drive all the way there.

Years
  • it's way too hard ngl there's a bunch of cool stuff in my room and i have access to it 24/7???? no bueno
    also recently idk when to stop working because of the super flexitime... i also need to drop that -.-

stay focused? i got a suggestion to work for bursts and then rest for like an hour or so bc it's impossible to do straight 9 hours of work and do it right. so i do things when the vpn cooperates with me and when i am frustrated with the code (or with the vpn, whichever comes first) i get the switch and play animal crossing to cool down.

Years
  • okay so doing wfh for the last 3 months has made it super difficult for my mom to go to the office now, lol. those super essential to the office like her and someone else have to come in once a week (tuesdays for her atm), which will gradually increase to more days per week as nyc opens up more. even waking up early to commute to work once a week has become super hard for her, and she always comes home super drained from just that one day. wfh is so great when you adjust to it, and I am not surprised seeing the many people online who will be negotiating entirely for wfh (and leaving their job if that isn't granted to find one that will) once this stabilizes a little.

pkmin3033

I love it! Working from home means I can work longer hours - due to my health and the travel time, I could only do 16 hours before this. Now I'm doing 20 and occasionally 25 if I'm needed on Wednesday. The communication side of things is a little less convenient because we're relying on e-mails and Windows Teams, and we have a lot of small general queries that take twice as long now as they used to as we need to confer, but it's a minor inconvenience only as far as I'm concerned. The isolation doesn't bother me, because I'm used to being by myself all the time anyway. As someone who suffers from acute social anxiety I find the distance easier to deal with than most I guess.

I really hope this continues post-vaccine (I say post-vaccine because whether the lockdown lifts or not I am not using public transport until coronavirus is neutralised completely; I don't want to die, thanks) because it's been so much easier for me these last few months. I've still struggled with anxiety and my health, and it's been a very difficult adjustment in some respects, but...yeah, this is better. Much better.

Back