• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

how much do you care about RGB?

Years
  • let's be honest, RGB has for years been a sort of ~* gamer *~ aesthetic. how much do you, personally, care about having RGB products?

for me personally.... ok i have RGB speakers, mouse, keyboard, and apparently (i say apparently because i have a prebuilt) my RAM sticks in my PC are also RGB. but i don't want to go too overboard with it, and i think this is good enough for now.

what about you?

AMP017

Trans Sylveon Enjoyer
    Years
  • Almost all about RBG! I have RAM? RGB RGB fans, RGB LED lights around my room, RGB mouse and RGB keyboard.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I like that my keyboard can do rainbow backlight pattern but frankly I'd be happy so long as it had any backlight, so I could see the keys in the dark. RGB itself doesn't really hold much interest to me.

My computer actually has a fan that glows blue when it's on and back when my computer was in my bedroom, I had to turn off/hibernate my computer every night because otherwise the light from it kept me awake lmao.

pkmin3033

My last two laptops have had backlight - although only my Predator was RGB, my current HP is just green - and I can't imagine not having it now tbh. I use my laptop a lot in darkened rooms so having that extra bit of illumination is just a nice touch. I wouldn't pay a huge amount extra for it, though. Nor would I choose it over having a bigger screen, better graphics card, SSD + HDD, etc. It's just a nice thing that I kind of expect to have considering the higher price points I look at now.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I hate it. It's too bright. I've had to disable the feature on my mouse (the only thing that has it) because of how obnoxious it was to deal with.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
  • It's rainbows on everything or it's nothing! Absolutely love my new PC, I even went out of my way to get a GPU that has RGB lights on it as well. There's just something so satisfying watching the PC light up like a firework when I turn it on.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • It's nice, but not the main goal for me when I want to build a PC. Having a backlit keyboard is nice though, but in the end I have many different coloured keycaps that it kinda feels less useful than it should be...

As of right now my mouse, keyboard, RAM modules, case fans and GPU all have RGB.

Years
  • I like the utility good RGB brings, I always spend at least an hour or two setting up a nice colour scheme when I get a new RGB device.
    What I don't like is when it's literally only RGB and it'll sit there as a constant rainbow.

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • IMO it's just stupid bling-bling, it may look cool in dark room but using computer in a dark room isn't good for your eyes.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
    Years
  • I have a "bootleg"ish RGB Keyboard.

It does light up, but it's not programmable or anything.
    I just bought it so I can work in the dark, darkness work is the best!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I love backlit keyboards. I was recently gifted a Razer Blackwidow keyboard and it is literally the best thing ever. I can adjust the lighting with my preferences and add extra controls in games or programs.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i hate rgb. its just a giant glowing distraction on the edge of my view at all times. especially bc my room is usually dark. most keyboards and mice i would buy have some kind of rgb, but i just turn it off immediately.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I like the utility good RGB brings, I always spend at least an hour or two setting up a nice colour scheme when I get a new RGB device.
    What I don't like is when it's literally only RGB and it'll sit there as a constant rainbow.

Came to say this, pretty much. While rainbows are cute and all, they're just not practical at all. I always set my lights up to some specific color scheme, be it behind my computer or in my computer or in my keyboard. And then keep it that way, matching the desktop or deskpad with it perhaps :3

I don't particularly care about it though; I could just as well just have some nice lights that wasn't possible to configure to 16 million colors.

FlameChrome

[color=#7fffd4]IDK what to put here[/color]
    Years
  • Some things dont need RGB like headphones unless your streaming with a facecam for others to see. Other than that rgb on headphones/headsets are not needed a little light is fine i guess but nothing fancy and extreme.
    Atm i currently have B on my keyboard, rgb on my mouse, case, fans and thats currently it might up the rgb later on down the line with ram and other parts and put strips in there but wut i have now is fine. I dont actually do "RGB" i set a color and maybe a light mode like my case is currently on one called doppler and my keyboard is on Wave. Turning on the rainbow i do sometimes to look at it but i just turn it off not long later

Years
  • It's alright, but I don't want rainbow vomit, just a nice steady light so I can see stuff while in the dark.

Back