• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

we're losing track of you!

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
lets be honest, plenty of members here have alts, or at least have switched to new accounts over time.

have you ever made a second, or third, or fourth PC account, and why??

I have a few, either for fresh starts, or just for fun, but I stopped, because I felt I had waaay too many, and people got confused. oops. Though, if I'm telling the truth, sometimes I wanted to be on the downlow so no one really knew who I was at first. :>

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 27, 2023
On the Forum Rules it says you're not allowed to have alt accounts and the alts will eventually get banned.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
uhh I think I have one alt for some random username I thought I'd want back in like 2009 but never used it. I might also have the name "marz" reserved but perhaps not, because alts got banned eventually.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
You can have alts as long as people know it's you, or that's kinda how it's always been unless that changed. You just can't pretend to be someone else.

Years
Yeah alts are no longer allowed as of some months ago. There wasn't a need to have them anyway since most people just made new accounts to hoard usernames that they'd never even put to use. PC as a forum had one of the worst alt cultures ever haha. I wish people didn't feel the need to have so many...

I used to have a few! Audino and Meowstic are some of the ones I can remember which I deleted eventually, plus my old old account 'Yuko' (ick) I made when I first joined. Ended up merging it with this one.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I used to have a few! Audino and Meowstic are some of the ones I can remember which I deleted eventually, plus my old old account 'Yuko' (ick) I made when I first joined. Ended up merging it with this one.
oh don't worry, it's not as icky as the one I made when I first joined in 2009. Forum member lugia1998, bless 11-year-old me.

Good call on merging it though. When I did my merger I had it done so I'd get the old user ID and join date, because it makes you so much cooler believe me
... xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I made a few back when they were allowed, haha. Most of them were just made because I wanted to use icons I made for a theme but I didn't want to get rid of the theme that I had on my usual account. Though I admittedly had one or two that I'd use when I wanted to browse PC but I didn't want people to know I'm actually online (invisible only helps you so much with that pft). Of course since they're not allowed anymore I haven't touched them. Maybe I'll see about getting them deleted sometime though all but one are names I doubt anyone would want as a username so eh.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Just me, baaaby

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I had like 10 or more, in the beginning just because I didn't dare to RP on my main ahahah but after that mostly to reserve usernames. Yup, I was evil.

I've deleted most now, I think I only have.... 2 alts left? 3 maybe? not sure i know the names of them lol. Old alts weren't wiped when the rules changed, jsyk. Only if you were feeling like a nice soul and gave the list of accs to an admin who could delet them :]

Ultra Sun

Yes this is PC user Sun lol
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 29, 2022
Yeah alts are no longer allowed as of some months ago. There wasn't a need to have them anyway since most people just made new accounts to hoard usernames that they'd never even put to use. PC as a forum had one of the worst alt cultures ever haha. I wish people didn't feel the need to have so many...

Oh it's possible to merge accounts now??

and yes I have total of three accounts. the other two accounts, I forgot the passwords and to make things worse I forgot which email addresses they were connected and registered with hahaha

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
One past forum I was on was horrendous in that it allowed an infinite amount of alts, thus it had thousands of members and only maybe 100 actual members.

It was mostly for RPing purposes (I don't get how), but worse, users would sometimes just start posting or chatting with alts, sometimes changing their entire personalities, so you couldn't even tell. They weren't kids either, which is the most worrying part.

Everyone there had serious, serious personality issues, not just from that, but it you could tell otherwise. A symptom of it, in any case.

So relieved to see there is none of that here. I generally like to stick with one account only.

Last edited:
Years
I never did, I don't think!
Back when I was a kid I used to, on other forums, make alts and pretend to be different people but I was just really attention seeking back then.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
No, unless unforeseen circumstances arrive in the future I'm currently content with my main account. In the past, I did make one account just to download rom hacks but that was a while ago and I was pretty shy back then, even while online.

Last edited:
Years
Well, in the past when i used to be so much in youtube i used to have so many alts, trying to be other person but it didn't worked, and because of being a troll back then in youtube, i used to make people stupid thinking that alt is not me, and the most shocking thing is that, i was obesessed of creating alt's, so i created a loooooooooooooooooot of then just to treat people as a stupid.
But this changed when i leaved google plus, since that, i prefer having only one account, and my first account here is that one https://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=712448, my first account here.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
I had one ages ago that I didn't even know about. I never realized I had joined here till some time later and then just had the two accounts merged which is why it looks like I've been here forever. xD

Back