• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i took guitar lessons for two weeks

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    what's something you really wanted to do, but then when you tried it out you quickly realized it wasn't for you?

Bay

Years
  • Drawing. I would look up art tutorials on Youtube and then practice a bit, but I never get passed drawing the basic structure of the face. Maybe once I get some good materials I might be more motivated?

I also sometimes wonder why I still write also when I'm far from decent and even more suffering than drawing

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Coincidentally, I picked up both these things a long time ago and figured they weren't for me. But I already had the guitar so I kept playing, and now it's definitely 'my' instrument; I just had to push so I could find a part of it that interested me (composing my own songs over playing already existing ones). As for drawing, I only picked that up again not too long ago after dropping it out of frustration, and I happened to find the right tutorial for me so now I'm drawing regularly and enjoying it even if it's mediocre - I have the feeling I'm really creating something anyways.

But, to stay on-topic, digital drawing is not my thing. I owned a Wacom Bamboo for a while and no matter how much I tried, I felt very distant from what I was drawing. I re-found my interest in drawing by sticking to traditional.

Years
  • Just as the title says, really. I really want to learn how to play guitar, seeing how my dad plays, but I can't seem to hold one correctly or even try. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that he's right-handed while I am left-handed, but I'm not sure.

Years
  • Music and art. I have no talent for either. I got reasonable at drawing through sheer constant practice but the minute I stopped it went back to 0 and just... screw that.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Music and art. I have no talent for either. I got reasonable at drawing through sheer constant practice but the minute I stopped it went back to 0 and just... screw that.
    You need to realize that you can't be awesome at everything.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • Let's see...

Ballet, marital arts, hip hop dancing, photography, art in general...

I also played the piano, but I had to stop because of struggles at school, and I miss it to this day. I'm just too old to become spectacular, which keeps me from taking it up again *sigh*

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • um guitar actually. i bought an electric guitar and an amp when i was about 13 and my grandfather signed me up for some lessons and i think i went to one and never again and lmfao i should try to sell that stuff now...be nice to make like $50 off it at the very least.

also every time i pick back up on drawing, i plateau really quickly. i wish i hadn't stopped back in high school tbh bc i might actually be GOOD now if i hadn't but yeah i just. bleh. i get better but it's like. never going to be where i want it.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • drawing. as much as i want to do it, i have to realize its probably not for me. i still do it on occasion though whenever i am in the mood to draw though. i just get discouraged since im 19 and still have the drawing technique of like.. a 9 year old.

Years
  • Music. Tried to learn piano, but the best I could ever do was memorize a sequence of notes. I've got no ear and no rhythm.

Back