• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Favorite + Least Favorite Household Chore

Years
  • Fave for me would have to be folding my clothes fresh from the laundry. So soothing <3 Least is washing dishes. So annoying esp when the food's already hardened and I have to soak it in water for a while to soften it lol.

Yours?

Years
  • Reminds me that I should finish cleaning my room windows. Been holding that off for... 2 weeks now? Lol

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Favourite: ironing, cooking. I liked ironning when I watched TV series, because it makes sense to combine both :)
    Least favourite: cleaning the bathroom, mopping the floor.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Favorites: folding laundry especially when it's fresh out of the dryer, cleaning the floors (vacuuming, steam mopping, shampooing carpets), cooking/baking, walking the dog/s, any sort of decluttering
    Least: cleaning windows, cleaning the tub (they're one and the same: they both wear my arms out like crazy), any kind of arduous yardwork (pulling weeds, edging, mowing), cleaning the turtle tank, scooping the litter box

I can't really decide where I want to put washing the dishes. Sometimes I enjoy it from the warm water and the calmness, and other times I hate it cuz I do it several times a day and it gets annoying doing it so often.

Years
    • Online now
    favorite: mowing the yard. I find it relaxing, only thing is it's a hassle pulling the huge machine in and out of the shack. Also have to watch for snakes or whatever things might be hiding around it.

least: laundry. absolute dullness and monotony.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Honestly, most chores aren't too bad as long as you're not rushed to do it, and you can quietly reflect during the process, but if people are ordering you about and telling you you're doing it all wrong, then no chore is fun, haha... My favourite "chore" is cooking, otherwise washing up can be pretty relaxing, as long as I can wear gloves and protect my hands. But if the food has hardened on the plates/pots, that's another story. @__@

I've never had to do it yet thank heavens, but my most dreaded chore is anything to do with bathroom/toilet/drain cleaning. Yuck. :( Cleaning out the pets' cages is unpleasant, too.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I actually don't mind doing chores all too much. Washing dishes is fun, even if there are a lot of dishes to wash. I take much longer than necessary, but I do a thorough job scrubbing off food gunk. It makes me happy to see clean dishes, free from oils and food stains, organized in the dish rack. (Though it starts to become a balancing act if there are a lot of dishes because I will haphazardly stack them on top of each other.) The one I dislike the most is folding laundry, especially if it isn't done immediately after drying them. I hate when there are wrinkles and lumpy folds in the clothes.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Most favorite: doing the laundry since the washer dryer set do most of the work for me. I don't mind folding clothes because I put most things on a hanger.

Least favorite: cutting the grass / yardwork. Ever since I bought a house, this chore has been the bane of my existence. I have to cut the grass almost every week during the spring/summer because 1) HOA rules and 2) Florida grass be growing fast. I have to wear pants/sneakers as grass clippings will get everywhere, bagging or not. I'm allergic to grass ugh I get hives if I wear shorts or flip flops. This chore is easily 10 times worse than doing dishes. I called some landscapers for quotes. They wanted a 12 month contract at $150 to $200 per month. I mean, my grass hardly grows from October to February.. I don't know if that summer chore is worth almost $2000 a year.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Least favourite would either be cleaning a shared bathroom (for obvious reasons) which luckily I don't have to do as I live at home.

So I guess vacuuming? Because I can't listen to music, I'd have to my headphones on hearing-damagingly loud to hear my tunes over it.

Years
  • Least favorite is easily cooking, if that counts. I dunno I just...don't enjoy making time-consuming dishes too much. Basic stuff sure, though I don't particularly like that either. Also vacuuming ugh!!

Favorite? Gotta be laundry. It's pretty easy and can be relaxing at some points. Only downside is when the washing machine finishes washing when I'm in the middle of something important and can't get to it right away aha, so I'm forced to let the clothes sit for a bit.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i don't have a favorite chore, i should pay you all to do mine

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    My least objectionable chore is probably the dishes. I also think I'm just better at them because when my boyfriend does them I sometimes see smudges on the handles of the cutlery, though we do have very polished silverware than retains fingerprints like crazy. Still, I try to get to them first or quietly wash the cutlery again when I see them on the drying rack.

I don't really like doing anything else, but tbh my boyfriend does take care of most of the cleaning. I'm a "if I don't see a mess I don't clean" kind of person, so dishes in the sink or clutter on the counter I can see and take care of, but I don't just grab a broom and start sweeping regularly the way he does if I don't see dust bunnies or dirt on the floor.

and it's probably because he does that often that I don't see dirt on the floor

edit: a weird thing I wanted to add but like I also really don't mind doing the cat litter
    BUT I only have one cat, I can definitely see how that really compounds into a very unfun activity with 2 or more cats

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Love any outdoor work that doesn't require moving snow! I also like cooking, folding the laundry, feeding / cleaning / taking care of the animals, polishing the floor, and running the vacuum.

I also don't mind doing dishes at all either, but I tend to spend a long time on one utensil so I don't think I'm very good at it. I waste a lot of water that way so I have to be careful. I also help take care of my 90 y/o grandmother-in-law and, well, everything that comes with that. I don't mind the "chores" in that department because it's a matter of health, safety, and dignity.. but I would be lying if I said there wasn't still some discomfort there.

Least favorite is taking out the garbage and recycling for sure. The truck comes at like 5AM and if not for my fiancé's internal clock, I swear I'd never get it done. Not for lack of trying, but like some days I just don't care at all. Oh and I hate making the bed lol. Imma just jump in it and ruin it again! As long as everything is clean I can't be bothered lol.

Back