• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you still enjoy posting on PC now?

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
Years
  • I like the Pokemon series sure, but over the past few years my interest has declined to not wanting to discuss every single small aspect of the game - feels kinda repetitive. I'll look out for new game announcements and such though.

Also another point, it's 2017, I'm sure a lot of us browse the internet on smartphones more than on computers, yet posting on forums on mobile has not improved. IT's hard to beat something as convenient as a mobile app.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Eh, it's declined a little bit. I only really visit a few sections anymore, rather then posting in every single one lol. New games definitely get my activity up.

She

is home
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2018
    I'm a new member here. So far its really fun posting here because there's a lot of active members that will reply to your thread which make me happy. I hope this feeling will last even after several years.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Not... really? My interest in forums pretty much died when my forum home died in 2015. The only reason I still go on forums at all is because I want to post thoughts on Pokemon somewhere, and this place happens to be the only active community I can find.

My interest here only renewed for a little while, in Pokemon anime, but I'll probably never be active here. I prefer Twitter these days, over forums, and that's how it's probably going to be until the internet dies.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    yeah definitely but i still talk to friends from here daily, i just dont feel as drawn to the site as much as i did but i still feel engaged in off-site shenanigans

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • My interest wavers over time. When things start to get repetitive I tend to disappear for awhile, but I usually find my way back.

Years
  • I'm trying to up my posting a bit but I do enjoy it. I just forget sometimes because I get preoccupied.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    Funny how this is my 100th post. Yeah.. it's not really funny, but whatever.

In my short time here, I've come to realize that one main problem is that people rarely talk to each other. When a thread is created, people come in, answer the question or give their opinion, then move on to the next. There's barely any back and forth between users, making the place feel less welcoming to new and old users than it actually is. A new user who doesn't feel like their posts are contributing to the discussion isn't likely to return and become active. And on top of that, older users grow up and have less and less time to post, thus not contributing to the discussions. Most of the forums I used to admin/be a part of ended up dying this way.

From what I've seen, PC is now a mere shadow of itself. In order for a community to thrive, older members have to help build the next generation of active members, and newer members must stop being shy and start bringing new and innovative ideas to the table. Just like in real life whatnot. Everyone must work hand in hand. Now I know a lot of new users only join for ROM hacks and all that stuff, but really, fuck them. Let them do their things and focus on the members who are really trying to contribute, no matter how old or new they are. This is how PC will live on, and who knows, people who don't like posting here anymore might very well rediscover the joy of contributing.

TLDR:
    I like posting on PC, but I have the feeling it could be much better. People just need to change the way they treat the forums. We can make PC great again!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Funny how this is my 100th post. Yeah.. it's not really funny, but whatever.

In my short time here, I've come to realize that one main problem is that people rarely talk to each other. When a thread is created, people come in, answer the question or give their opinion, then move on to the next. There's barely any back and forth between users, making the place feel less welcoming to new and old users than it actually is. A new user who doesn't feel like their posts are contributing to the discussion isn't likely to return and become active. And on top of that, older users grow up and have less and less time to post, thus not contributing to the discussions. Most of the forums I used to admin/be a part of ended up dying this way.

From what I've seen, PC is now a mere shadow of itself. In order for a community to thrive, older members have to help build the next generation of active members, and newer members must stop being shy and start bringing new and innovative ideas to the table. Just like in real life whatnot. Everyone must work hand in hand. Now I know a lot of new users only join for ROM hacks and all that stuff, but really, fuck them. Let them do their things and focus on the members who are really trying to contribute, no matter how old or new they are. This is how PC will live on, and who knows, people who don't like posting here anymore might very well rediscover the joy of contributing.

TLDR:
    I like posting on PC, but I have the feeling it could be much better. People just need to change the way they treat the forums. We can make PC great again!
    giphy.gif

nah jk bae, hmu with a VM sometime QT xoxo

string555

Banned
    Years
  • In my short time here, I've come to realize that one main problem is that people rarely talk to each other. When a thread is created, people come in, answer the question or give their opinion, then move on to the next. There's barely any back and forth between users, making the place feel less welcoming to new and old users than it actually is. A new user who doesn't feel like their posts are contributing to the discussion isn't likely to return and become active. And on top of that, older users grow up and have less and less time to post, thus not contributing to the discussions. Most of the forums I used to admin/be a part of ended up dying this way.

I've noticed this too. The other thing I noticed that seemed strange to me is that, if you create a new thread, regardless of how many people actually post in it, within a few days it gets at least a couple hundred views. So why are all of these people lurking and not posting in them?

Spoiler:

Also, I think it helps to give newbs a warm welcome, and speaking of which, I haven't done that in a while. *Flies away to the introduction forum*

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    one thing i'd like to bring up is that discord, while not an overt activity stealer, is far more accessible for regular and consistent contact than the forums due to it being mobile friendly. if what you're looking for is conversation, then it's a lot easier to find it on the discord channel than the forums, particularly if you're stretched for time and simply out and about.

you will never be free of me on either platform!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I try to post as much as I can. It just depends on what else I'm doing. I often have a strict daily routine to follow. This often includes writing, reading or playing my 2DS as well. The majority is usually writing though. It also depends on what there is to post in and what topics interest me... I also have a strict interest barrier, so it can make things challenging for me at times. I can't post in every single thread without having some sort of interest in it. There are also times when I wouldn't really know how to respond to such threads.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I got busy, and then came back maybe once a month and not much has changed in those months. I am sad about it because I do have a lot of great memories here, for times not so long ago that where more actives than right now. I thought of doing new threads (shout out to the Pokemon General revolution thanks Aquacorde and those silly threads ideas) but sadly I can't think of anything right now. I don't play Pokemon as much, so it might explain why I don't have as much interests than before. Maybe USUM will change that? If I buy it... I think what hurts my PC experience is the memories of the "old time" (old time for me, which is recent for many users here): I remember the clubs, the celebrations, events... Those are still kinda here but I don't think there is as many as before.

But you won't see the last of me yet! I will continue to be back on and on sometimes, and we'll see :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2021
    I actually just came back from a really long break from PC, so I'm definitely enjoying. I really miss this place. It brings back a lot of memories (sadly I can't go back to my other account, which has more memories, but this'll do I guess).

Back