• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your First Computer

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What was your first ever computer (be it shared, or your own.) Mine was a Windows 95 desktop. It crashed p bad, tho back in the day. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A Gateway computer with Windows 98 installed. My parents primarily bought it for my older sister who was still in high school at the time.

back then all I cared about was getting on nick.com to play Nickelodeon games and stuff. :D

Years
A Windows 98 laptop...in 2007. Then in May 2008 I got my first actual laptop, which ran Windows Vista. Soon afterward a desktop with Windows XP because we all know about Windows Vista.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024
Mine was a HP computer with Windows 95 at and at school we had crappy ass Gateway with Windows 95. And this was well into the 2000's. Its like we skipped Windows 98...lol.

DarkSkys

Still Alone, Still Alive, Still Unbroken
Years
Windows XP Desktop that things been dead for years now mainly due to rage in an online game. Now I either use my windows 10 Dell laptop or android phone

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Apple II GS <- old school computer but a damn good one back in the day. Got a Power Macintosh a few years later.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
First that I had at home was an HP Media Center desktop with XP on it. Pretty solid, good for office use and not much else. It finally died in August of a PSU failure.

Years
  • Age 21
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2024
Mine was a Dell computer and then an early Dell laptop. I used to play random kids games on them both when I was a lot younger. My family ended up replacing both the computer and laptop with better laptops.

Last edited:

Reading Blade

Our first computer was a Compaq Presario tower running Windows 98 SE,Hah remember Compaq? After that I got a custom build PC with XP then a HP Desktop with Windows 7, Praticarly all my life I used Desktops until now,My current PC is an ASUS C101P Chromebook, I'm done with Winxows, Linux all the way from now on. : D

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
An eMachines with Windows 98 installed. Thing was quite good for what it was, a cheap computer. Came in massive boxes.

Bay

Years
A Sony desktop that had Windows ME installed. Boy oh boy ME had loads of problems, lol. Used it from 2000 something until 2009 when it became very laggy. I then got a Sony VAIO with Windows XP and used it for several years until it got hit with a virus oops.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The first computer I ever used was one of my dad's work laptops. I don't remember much about it except that it used DOS because I distinctly remember he got an upgrade once to Windows 3.1 and I thought the graphical interface was confusing lmao. I think I was 3 or 4 so all I really did was play educational games off my floppy disks. Although I also distinctly remember playing one of the Leisure Suit Larry games but I was too stupid to figure out how to actually do anything risqué so I guess that's why I was allowed to wander around in it.

More than a decade later, when I was 16, I finally got my first laptop. It was used and was kind of crappy even by the time I got it, but ohhh my god it was my own computer! I had to go out and buy a separate PCMCIA wifi card to connect to the internet and I only had about 30min of battery life if I wasn't plugged in, but it was my very own computer!! I had Windows XP on it, which was an upgrade from Windows 2000 on the family computers, so I was thrilled. It seems so quaint now, and I got a new top of the line one within two years anyway when I graduated high school, but that laptop meant the world to me, lol.

TY

First one i owned myself was a HP desktop from like 2011 with Windows 8.1

First one i used would be a very old desktop from like 1997 which my grandparents bought and I just claimed it as mine lol.

Years
When my uncle upgraded to a Windows 95 computer way back in the day, I remember that he gave us his old Windows 3.1 set-up. Part of me wants to say that we had some old DOS machine that we used before that, but I was only around 3 or 4 at the time, so maybe I'm just remembering things.

nuuk

gsc spriter
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2020
the first computer my family had was a super old computer that ran DOS and only had about 20 programs on it. next computer ran win 98 but was so.........slow.......... then we had a win xp computer which i kept until like 2010.

Back