• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Sinnoh Underground

pkmin3033

The trailer showed Dorn running through what appeared to be the Sinnoh Underground, and since these are described as faithful remakes of the originals, we can safely assume that this will be making a return in these games! Did you enjoy exploring the Underground in the original games? Is there anything you'd like to see added, improved, or expanded upon in the remakes for this - new items, new gameplay features that take advantage of the Switch, etc?

Years
  • i didn't have anyone to DS wifi with back then so i traversed the Underground alone 100% of the time. still had so much fun unearthing plates and fossils though!

if anything, i hope the remade music for it is still dope. i love love love Sinnoh Underground's track and would often keep my DS still for a few minutes just to listen to it <3

Years
  • I loved it! Running around getting tons of fossils/other things was incredibly fun for me, and I found myself spending a lot of time there. A little unsure how it'll work with a single screen but I hope they can make it fun/fluid. Something like being able to co-op connect with other players for boosted chances at rare items and explore a huge, randomly-generated underground map together would be really fun. Doubt they'd go that route, but heck would I love it.

Years
  • i didn't have anyone to DS wifi with back then so i traversed the Underground alone 100% of the time. still had so much fun unearthing plates and fossils though!

I was in the exact same situation, always on my own but forever digging up fossils, plates, and those weird weather stones.

I'm hoping that they expand a bit on the secret bases, maybe some more items or even letting us shape the base so we can make it bigger and a bit more interesting than just a square!

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2022
    I loved exploring the underground. My biggest complaint was the flag mechanic. I didn't have friends at the time, so it made getting a better base more difficult, so I hope some improvements to that are added.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Online for the UG please! And maybe an ability to battle friends in their bases too in offline mode, ala RSE/ORAS.

And I really hope the mining minigame is in, that was a fun timesink for me when I first played DP.

Years
  • like the above post, i'd like to explore the ug with friends, if possible. c: more fun that way! hopefully there's more items to find, too!

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Here's something I'd like to not see happen again: having to talk with someone 32 times in the underground in order to get Spiritomb.

Especially if they decide to make Underground proximity only to preserve faithfulness instead of making it WiFi.

Other than that I just wish they had better drop tables.

For exemple, despite being the generation that introduced the Dawn, Dusk and Shiny Stones they can't be found in the Underground.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    At first, I was going to say that the Underground was perfect the way that it was. If there isn't any changes made to it for BDSP, I would have been fine with it.

Radio's post, however, reminded me of how much time I spent farming in the Underground, trying to get a particular item. Instead, my inventory would start to explode with Spheres. Which were useless because I had no one else local to connect with, meaning that my Underground base would have no visitors and no need for traps to be set.

With BDSP, I'd like to see the ability to connect with people that aren't local, and better drop rates to make the mining game more rewarding. (Not more enjoyable, because it was fun as it was.)

Also, keep the Spiritomb connection out of it.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I loved the Underground! Online support would be nice. Maybe skins to change the walls/floors of your base, even if it's just the color of the soil. Compared to RSE secret base choices, only having a single brown cave aesthetic isn't as much variety.

Years
  • Adventure together with Trainers all over the world in the Grand Underground!
    You can interact with Trainers all over the world through your Nintendo Switch system's local communication or online communication. As well as adventuring together in the Grand Underground, you can also dig for Fossils together with other Trainers.
    Online collaboration in Underground has been confirmed! I'm pretty hyped for this tbh. The new areas + hideaways look pretty great.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I never got to experience it the first time around :why: Strength to resist getting these games is diminishing by the minute...

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm happy to see that you can decorate your own base again, and the mining minigame in intact; I loved that thing and it distracted from my playthrough first time around, haha.

We are yet to see any traps though... hopefully they are still in the remakes.

Years
  • I never got to experience it the first time around :why: Strength to resist getting these games is diminishing by the minute...

Give in. You know you want to.

I'm really excited by the revamped Underground! It was already fun before, but the addition of the catch areas and the updated layout seem like a big improvement.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I remember having fun mining for stones and fossils, so I hope they don't nerf the rates for 'good' results. Besides mining I didn't do much with the Underground since I had no friends to play with haha.

Years
  • I'm happy to see that you can decorate your own base again, and the mining minigame in intact; I loved that thing and it distracted from my playthrough first time around, haha.

We are yet to see any traps though... hopefully they are still in the remakes.

I reeeaaaally hope they aren't limiting the base decoration to just those statues.

I also think I remember seeing somewhere that the statues affect the kind of hideaways you'll find, which is cool and all but I wanna make a base that looks awesome not one that attracts certain pokemon

Years

if anything, i hope the remade music for it is still dope. i love love love Sinnoh Underground's track and would often keep my DS still for a few minutes just to listen to it <3

Same here. I didn't have Wifi back then at all, so just did it by myself as a kid.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Sinnoh Underground is nice, but at that time I couldn't go online, so I missed a few things

Back