• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Most messed up things you've ever written?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • What's the most messed up/fucked up/scariest/edgiest thing you've ever written?

Hoo boy?

Let me see.

TW! VIOLENCE.

Most fucked up: wrote a scene once where a group of gang members cut open a character's arm and forced him to paint with his blood.

Scariest: Human experimentation scenes. Needs no description.

Most messed up: I wrote a disembowelment scene that eventually led to the soldier setting the open wounds on fire. Luckily, this scene was merely a dream.

Edgiest: ... Daddy Deathbed. Enough said. I was 14, don't ask.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Scariest: Probably the ending of an old Pokémon fic in which a captured Zorua (the titular "Captured Illusion") made its captor disappear without a trace. That was not the end though, it was the Fairy Tale Girls around laughing about it that gave me chills upon re-reading it.

Most fucked up: Thankfully didn't get past the outline stage, but...
    Spoiler:

Edgiest: Prior to the pandemic, my self-insert Pokémon character, who is a human ghost, had been killed by her own mother, and much of my writing hinged on that backstory because, well, I had "friends" who encouraged me to be *~edgy~* and to make my self-insert's backstory as different from mine as possible. Thankfully, over the pandemic I became closer to my mom and broke away from those people, so that bit no longer holds true. In fact, my self-insert and her mother (who is based on my own) actually died in the same event and later reunited as ghosts.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I could probably fill pages with examples, but I'm just going to say I had to write some very visceral and vivid descriptions of severe burns recently and that was not fun research to do.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i am 100% pure and cannot write messed up stuff :>

Honestly, I have never felt the need to, iirc. Maybe I described an injury at some point, and tried to convey slight horror/surrealism at another point.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I could probably fill pages with examples, but I'm just going to say I had to write some very visceral and vivid descriptions of severe burns recently and that was not fun research to do.

I've done something similar with catching on fire and getting third degree burns, honestly. It's not fun to write things like that, but I've written... worse. Somehow.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • When Neopets was still big and the plushies were at McDonalds, I think it was the ones from 2005. I wrote a small trilogy about neopets since I loved them... and.... well I found them after we moved last year in my neopets box and omg.... it was so bad. Truly a 12 year old had written it. It wasn't gross or anything, just terrible writing lol.

When I was RPing in Warcraft back in 2018/2019. I had to write something as a DM that was extremly uncomfortable, but I had to make it for the character. I warned people around 5+ times not to come if you get uncomfortable. It was dealt with undead and other things and I just did not like it at all. But it had the impact I was looking for. But I will never right something like that again. Thankfully a door opened where I was able to completely retcon what had happened so I never have to think about it.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • It's not forum appropriate. 😅

You and me both, haha.

Other than that topic, I can admit I used to have plenty of existential crises back in the day. I now take those horrible/odd experiences and have implemented them in original stories of mine. It's helped me grapple with such… deep and weird aspects of life in weird ways that I hadn't realized the power that writing would have on me.

ALIENS. I took inspiration from lovecraftian horror and YouTube args for my stories and I can admit that I've come up with some odd stories.

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • Not in any RP, not fanfic, but all the stories I wrote were related to exams, like a question pops up in a test of writing a short story and... well see...

While I enjoy happy endings, turns out I was more, IDK how to say it, natural with writing horror mixed with really fucked up stuff.

It's... intense, to describe it briefly. ^^;

Years
    • Waltuh
    • Seen Oct 30, 2023
    Honestly, seeing all of these posts, I realize I don't actually have much of a insane writing record as I thought, albeit I have written through the illegality of child…uh…yeah in my spare time, so, uh, yikes for me I guess.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Being that story crafting is one of my greatest passions I could name quite a few...
    But I think for now the most recent story I'm working on features a protag who's favorite method of performing an execution is strangulation
    followed by a neck snap...

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Gosh, this is a difficult question for me. Most of my writing revolves around messed up things. I'm just gonna list some things... *slides nightmare fuel into your DMs*

Messed up: Original (blood, suicide, PTSD/panic attacks)
    Spoiler:

Fucked up: Original (child torture)
    Spoiler:

Edgiest: Fanfic (sexual assault, abuse)
    Spoiler:

Scariest: Fanfic (PTSD/panic attacks, death)
    Spoiler:

There is just so much more. I enjoy writing about trauma, especially things that (hyperbolically) relate to my own life, and how characters either succumb or rise above it. I often work through things by taking trauma to the extreme.

Honorable Mentions!
    Messed up 2.0: Original (blood, PTSD/panic attacks, child abuse, death)
    Spoiler:

Fucked up 2.0: Fanfic (sexual assault, torture)
    Spoiler:

Edgiest 2.0: Fanfic (blood drinking, slavery, sexual abuse)
    Spoiler:

Scariest 2.0: Fanfic (child abuse, torture, PTSD/panic attacks)
    Spoiler:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hello. I'm back. I've written something that I feel like is one of the most gruesome things I've ever written.

Spoiler:

Being a horror writer is hell sometimes.

Back