• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♥♥♥♥.

Sirfetch’d

I use them a lot now. Simply because I really don't see the difference between them and "normal" words. I guess I picked up the habit from friends and it just stuck!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah I swear a lot I don't really know why. Just sounds better to me I guess. I used to never really swear around my family, but now my brother is older and my parents don't really care, but even so I don't swear nearly as much with them as I do with my friends.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    I swear all the time. I've just gotten used to them and I'll even use them to say hi to people :D
    Although if I don't know you well, then you won't see me using a swear word at all.

Yeah, this guy over here greets me with swear words. ^

Oh, you ♥♥♥♥head, you.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I swear most of the time in work. It's just something about the environment or my co-workers that make swears just fall out of my mouth. Even still, I don't swear often enough there that the few times I do swear are always met with people telling me that they never would have thought I'd say those words.

Online, I don't swear anymore, except for very rare cases. Otherwise, I just keep the words out or use the SA filter that I enjoy seeing.

Years
    There's a number of people that I avoid using obscene words around mainly because I get the impression that since they've never said anything bad, they're probably not comfortable around those kinds of words. Majority of my friends are generally accepting of them though considering they're thrown around everywhere these days so it doesn't bother them. The only time I could be found throwing F-bombs every other word would be while playing video games.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    There's a number of people that I avoid using obscene words around mainly because I get the impression that since they've never said anything bad, they're probably not comfortable around those kinds of words.

This. I have a friend like this. She's so pure and uncorrupted, though she's certainly heard the words before.

I also don't use curse words in rl rarely actually lol. Online is different, I use curse words way more often, though on fourms and stuff I try to avoid dropping heart bombs (that's what I'm gonna start calling curse words on PC lolol)

Years
    This. I have a friend like this. She's so pure and uncorrupted, though she's certainly heard the words before.

I tried going back to the whole innocent act during high school. That worked out for a few months before my boyfriend started irritating me, and had to start using them again XD But in general, with people who I have the feeling that they might be comfortable with curse words, I automatically assume they are until they start using them first.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Only when I'm alone or with people who are comfortable with swear words, and I only swear to express emotions or to show emphasis. I keep swear words in a minimum when around family or with people who might be sensitive to these words.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    I don't swear in public (in front of both friends and family as well as online) and I try not to in my mind, though sometimes it's not easy when emotions run high. It's something that has been ingrained into me since young and I intend on keeping to it. I've never seen any good come out of using such words when other words could be used in their place. I used to visibly flinch when I heard any vulgarities as a kid, if that helps my case. Even if I do let some words slip, it'll only be online and they'll be purposely censored as I'm not comfortable about letting others see such words come directly from me... I'm not that kind of person and I don't want others seeing me differently. I don't mind other people using them though. I've gotten mostly desensitised.

Years
    Not at all online, but in real life I curse often, and it doesn't matter who I'm with - friends, family, doesn't effect my choice in words at all. Even if I'm IMing people, I can throw a few explicit words out there. I see nothing wrong with it, and honestly most of my teachers are chill about saying them in class, too. d:

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
    I use them to express my emotions, they pretty much cover all the emotions though really. I do feel like I need to tone it down a bit, but that won't happen any ♥♥♥♥ing time soon.

Sir Codin

Swearing was invented to help people cope with idiocy and bad luck.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I use them as modifiers, a sort of adjective, to exemplify my emotion in a sentence and never usually as a crude remark. I do it pretty often nowadays even though I used to ever do it whatsoever.

Years
    id say i have a pretty decent potty mouth. i often find myself trying to constrict my speech around people of importance or young children, but even then ill let out a curse or 2. i see cursing as something that is just words more than anything else. if i find them appropriate for the things im about to say, then i will just say them.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I only curse when I get really upset. This usually only happens when I am driving. :)

I will cuss so much in the car and that's the only time I ever do. Or if something just plain ridiculous happens to me, like one time...I spilled my huge iced tea in the car when I took a sharp turn and I swore and cursed and flipped everyone else on the road off for the next ten minutes until I calmed down. :D

Yukari

No, not anymore anyway. I may still use the occasional "D" of "H" word, but I really don't consider either profanity.

Rewind a few months and I could put a sailor to shame. It's not something I'm proud of, but you can't change the past. :(

Back