• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    Sandalphon, I hope you feel better real soon. You're a great person in my opinion, so stay strong and positive, and I will send you good recovery vibes.

I'm on the other side of the country right now. I had the opportunity to buy Scarlet or Violet last Saturday, but I refrained cause i'm SO DONE with the Pokemon franchise, and performance issues/bugs/glitches scare me. I shouldn't have bought Pokken Tournament DX but all I was thinking was that I wanted to stay with the franchise somehow, and now I think that was the wrong way to do it. I also bought Paper Mario and the Origami King because my best friend is going to get it for Christmas, and sometimes, we get the same games as each other. We would talk on the phone and she would guide me throug that game since she already saw countless walkthroughs on youtube, and I didn't want to get spoiled at the time so it's been fun. She and I are weirdos.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I think stuff gets overblown just a little bit. Sure, the criticism is valid, sure GF needs to do better, sure some people had more issues than others.

I for one successfully ignored the shortcomings of the games and had a lot of fun. And I'm probably not the only one.

I can also see GF fixing some of the more pressing issues before Christmas.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm still enjoying the older games and have yet to feel a need to get a Switch c:

Years
    I think stuff gets overblown just a little bit. Sure, the criticism is valid, sure GF needs to do better, sure some people had more issues than others.

I for one successfully ignored the shortcomings of the games and had a lot of fun. And I'm probably not the only one.

I can also see GF fixing some of the more pressing issues before Christmas.

Not sure how games crashing randomly and the other gaping errors experienced by a lot classifies as "overblown", like they definitely have been several thorns in the side for the game's release!

Am keeping my eyes peeled to see if something does get fixed á la NMS though, because that aside it really does look like the game that gets me back into the main series.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Not sure how games crashing randomly and the other gaping errors experienced by a lot classifies as "overblown", like they definitely have been several thorns in the side for the game's release!

Am keeping my eyes peeled to see if something does get fixed á la NMS though, because that aside it really does look like the game that gets me back into the main series.
    There has also been crashes and things not working properly in other games. Xenoblade 3 had its own fair share of issues and that is one of the games people use as a comparison as to what SV should have been. Crashes, glaring bugs etc are very much part of the modern gaming industry. It's not fun, but it's here and it won't go anywhere.

Now, of course some people encounter way more issues than others and of course these things need to be addressed by GF. But we should never fall into the trap as to take the worst case scenario and assume it to be the average case.

Years
    yeah I've had the game crash on me at least once

tbh i am kinda surprised it happened since usually i don't experience reported bugs in games lmao

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I moisturize after ever time I wash my hands (which is often), and I haven't had a problem with dry skin since I started doing it (years now).

Back