• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    DCC September club!

How is everyone doing?

I'm kind of looking forward to autumn right now! well except for not being able to pay my energy bills like so many of us this year

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I hate Summer but climate change has made it even worse. This year was another one of these "record temperature" years, as well. <_<

pkmin3033

We've had heavy rain and thunder for the last three nights and it has been absolutely glorious. I am so glad summer is over.

Not too happy about paying extra into the energy bills, but who knows, maybe our fourth Conservative PM will fix some of what the previous three have royally fucked up over the last decade and a bit...maybe.

Years
    It's still hot summery weather here, though definitely not near the peak temperatures.
    Though it did rain heavily last night and a bit in the afternoon today.

The summer heat can't go away soon enough for me.

Years
    We've had heavy rain and thunder for the last three nights and it has been absolutely glorious. I am so glad summer is over.

Not too happy about paying extra into the energy bills, but who knows, maybe our fourth Conservative PM will fix some of what the previous three have royally fucked up over the last decade and a bit...maybe.

Is that like a power bill?
    I heard of the huge costs of it approaching. :<

pkmin3033

I heard of the huge costs of it approaching. :<
    Yeah. Our new PM has decided to put a price cap on bills of just over double what we pay each month, which is about £1k less than what we were forecast to pay before that, but that cap only applies to a certain amount I think, so we could still end up paying more than that cap. I don't know yet.

To put it into perspective I'm not in full scale panic mode or anything - we shouldn't have to make a choice about whether to eat or whether to have the heating on this winter or anything, which I know is a choice that's going to be on the minds of many. As long as we're careful it shouldn't be a huge deal. At least for the moment. Long term, though? It's just...not good. Honestly I'm more worried about my grandparents than I am about myself, they've both been ill recently (my grandfather just got out of hospital and god he has aged so much since I last saw him...) and they're going to be moving down here, which is going to put a strain on their resources.

Years
    Yeah. Our new PM has decided to put a price cap on bills of just over double what we pay each month, which is about £1k less than what we were forecast to pay before that, but that cap only applies to a certain amount I think, so we could still end up paying more than that cap. I don't know yet.

Yeah the cap is just on average bills. It's still an awful lot higher than some can afford, and it also means we'll have higher bills for the next 20 years too. It's such a worrying situation.

Years
    Each province has control of everything in that province here. The federal government doesn't do much in terms of capping prices/healthcare/education.
    Our power is about 400 every two months.

Years
    It's chilling seeing some of the news videos of the wind damage in Florida, and the satellite images of the lightning storm over Cuba. Sending some love to everyone in affected areas or who has loved ones affected. Thank you for your kind words also Taylor and for keeping everybody close in your thoughts.

My area is expecting some fall out from hurricane Ian. I'm a couple of states away, and I think it's suppose to be downgraded to a tropical storn now as it hits my way over in the Carolinas and Georgia, though the hurricane tracker keeps changing the report, upgrading and downgrading it, so that may change again. At present though it hasn't gotten bad where I live, which isn't on the coast, though flooding and power loss is anticipated here too later, right now it's just constant wind and some rain. I stocked up on food to be prepared, charged up what electronics I've got, have fresh water ready, got a flash light and lanterns, a first aid kit , medicine, batteries and other things in case of emergency, so I should be okay

Last edited:
    Years
    I'm really sorry that Canada experienced such devastation from Hurricane Fiona Sandalphon. I hope that neither you or any of your loved ones were harmed, or had any property damage. I have heard that there are thousands of people in Puerto Rico who are still without power now due to Fiona.

It's sad seeing what's happening around the world right now like all the flooding in Pakistan from the glacial melt and monsoon season. It's hard for me to even grasp a concept like a third of the country being plunged underwater :(

Last edited:
    Years
    Ty! There's still thousands without power and I agree. The Pakistan floods were insane, the water in Florida is getting /deeper/ because it has no place to go, South Carolina is a swamp now. Also, the entire coast of PEI was changed.

Years
    Between covid and this crazy weather, I think the world is slowly coming to an end. Sadly enough.

I hate to be miss negative nancy, but what other conclusion can I come to? I'm 36 years old now. We just got to live life to it's fullest at this point.

Oh, and prayers for those affected by these horrible conditions. It's still a very sad situation.

In other news...should I enter the Scarlet/Violet giveaway here? I might get the game from my Dad as an early Christmas present, but I don't want to burn a 60 dollar hole in his wallet. Taking me on vacation for a week and a half is a big enough haul for him. It's also tradition that every time I see him, I get a new pair of Sketchers, so that's a thing. o_O;

I'm not even going to bother to ask Mom. Don't ask.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Between covid and this crazy weather, I think the world is slowly coming to an end. Sadly enough.

I hate to be miss negative nancy, but what other conclusion can I come to? I'm 36 years old now. We just got to live life to it's fullest at this point.

Oh, and prayers for those affected by these horrible conditions. It's still a very sad situation.

In other news...should I enter the Scarlet/Violet giveaway here? I might get the game from my Dad as an early Christmas present, but I don't want to burn a 60 dollar hole in his wallet. Taking me on vacation for a week and a half is a big enough haul for him. It's also tradition that every time I see him, I get a new pair of Sketchers, so that's a thing. o_O;

I'm not even going to bother to ask Mom. Don't ask.

Everyone should get involved in the giveaway! That's what it's there for. :)

Back