• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    We actually had around -10°C here tonight. Very unusual, especially since it's still technically Fall. ^^"
    Though, I still prefer that over the 40°C we had during Summer. <_<

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
    Okay okay.

I'm mentally complaining over here about this winter weather Florida and reading these comments now I realize that I'm taking this nice weather for granted. It's around 16°C over here.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    16 is boring, too cold to be nice and too warm to be crisp.

it's only -2 here now which is ok but borderline wet. wet snow is blerghh.

Years
    -12 here tonight apparently but it doesn't feel that bad tbh.

It was -8 when I finally got my car moving yesterday after nearly a month of it sitting in a block of ice 😅

Years
    *sneaks in the DCC* Hey all. Haven't been around in a while. Had email issues with spammers UGH! Anyway, if anyone wants to battle me in Pokken Tournament DX, race in CTR Nitro Fueled, or co-op in Super Mario 3D World + Bowsers Fury, let me know. I also have Pokemon Sword but idk what to do on that game. Just to let you all know, this expires in March. I'm not impressed with NSO. I'm too lazy to look up my Switch code. :P

Years
    Hi NP! Glad you got the better of those spammers!

What is your go to plan when you can't think of ANYTHING at all for certain people but don't wanna give them vouchers (again) for Christmas fam?

Ngl I've become kinda disillusioned with how stressful and commercial it is sometimes 😔

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi NP! Glad you got the better of those spammers!

What is your go to plan when you can't think of ANYTHING at all for certain people but don't wanna give them vouchers (again) for Christmas fam?

Ngl I've become kinda disillusioned with how stressful and commercial it is sometimes 😔
    that's my issue yeah 😔

Give them alcohol or chocolate or socks. Wine or whisky is always a nice gift unless they're anti-alcohol, chocolate is very xmasy, and everybody wants fun/cute/comfy socks. I always wish for socks and grandma always knits them c:

Years
    My dad has taken up yoga as a hobby, so I bought him nice chakra pattern yoga mat and DVD set of different exercises. I bought my mom a quilt, because she said she wanted one. She is getting a very pretty one from India, and a pair of gloves, because she is always losing them.

I got my aunt an uncle a big box of Anton Berg chocolate for both of them. I bought the kind with spirits in them, because they've been drinking plenty of egg nog lately. The candies are shaped into bottles and wrapped in cute foil, they look like they belong in a dollhouse.

I gave my cousin a DVD of the American Ballet's Swan Lake because my cousin and I both used to take dance, and we went together to see the World Ballet series Swan Lake earlier this year. She was really impressed by the fouettes of the black swan, so i thought she would like seeing Gillian Murphy dance the role of the Swan Queen. I kinda wanted to get her a production of the Nutcracker too, and it's one of her favorites, but my funds are starting to run out *bites nails*

My dog will have a llama-shaped body pillow to lay on because he loves stuffed animal pillows. My cat got a electric mouse he can chase around the house. My foster will receive jacket with a hood because her fur is short and when the weather dips below 20 clothes can be helpful for some breeds.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i love the thought of dads taking up yoga in their middle age

speaking of, mom said i should take yoga up again after my recent stress crisis. i suppose i really do need active methods of calming down as my current situation seems unstable v:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Walks are nice if you want to sort your thoughts. You also get to check out some new scenery every now and then.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    For sure walks are underrated. I like having a 15 min walk to my workplace. It gives me time to think in the morning and on the way home, and listen to some music. It's also halfway a scenic route by a river~

Years
    • Seen today
    I remember walking a few years ago and being greeted by a huge dog who wasn't on a leash. No owner around either. Barked at me, but did nothing else.

I love dogs...but come on. I had a puppy with me too. That could have easily turned into an awful situation.

Years
    Yeah, that's irresponsible of the owner. I would give them a talk.

We have loads of parks here, it's really nice.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So. I just missed two PC milestones by an inch.
    AMA

a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Back