• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone found a shiny yet?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Ran across zero while completing the game, according to the profile stat. Could have missed a tiny shiny Pokemon, like Floette and Nymble. (Plays in tabletop mode.)

Will probably not hunt for any shinies. Would pick Espathra, if so. Actually likes that shiny. Seems useful for Tera Raids too.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I'm using the knock out 60 and then reset with picnic method on two outbreaks that are overlapped. Gastly and Drowzee.

I found a shiny Gastly yesterday but its very hard to tell as the smoke doesn't change at all. Its supposed to turn blue so hopefully they fix that. A similar thing happened in Pokemongo.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I found another random Shiny in the post game area. A Shiny bright pink Jumpluff just sitting there at the entrance.

I got a Shiny Zweilous (It's Green instead of Blue) now a Hydreigon using the Sandwich method.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I found another random Shiny in the post game area. A Shiny bright pink Jumpluff just sitting there at the entrance.

I'm not playing the game but I'm following this thread and going by your previous posts it seems that Shinies in the Hoppip line absolutely adore you, lol. In no time you should have an army of Shiny Jumpluff at your disposal.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I found a shiny Drowzee in Southern Province Area 2. Was looking for a Tinkatink with Adamant nature and just happened to run across the purple Drowzee too.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Got another (2nd) shiny, a Komala in a 3 star den raid. Had no idea it was a shiny. Lol.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • My most recent shiny is Azumarill a few days ago, today I was trying to shiny hunt a Tadbulb....but Ive been trying for a couple of days and I set a timer for me to catch it, and it never showed up so I quit. trying to beat the game and to get the shiny charm help my hunts better. haha.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I actually stumbled upon a random wild shiny Psyduck when catching Ice-type Pokémon for the Wonderful Gifts of Surprise challenge! I managed to get it on video as well! The best part is that I wasn't even shiny hunting, nor did I made any shiny sandwiches, and I don't have a Shiny Charm. It just happened completely by chance. I am definitely going to train it up, evolve it into Golduck, and put it on my rain team!

https://i.imgur.com/0erLFhD.mp4

Last edited:

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Found a shiny Hawlucha with Unburden just walking around as I was exploring the last bit of the map I hadn't been to before finishing the Star bases.

Reaper21c

Reaper21c Always looking for new friends & to help
    Years
  • Sadly I have not. The last two generations for me haven't been good on shiny pokemon. In both Kalos and Alola, I found a shiny in my first play through, but still nothing thus far.

As for Shiny Hunting... not sure. I am sure there will be a few that I want, but with how common they have become it is becoming just a thing of the past for me. Used to love shiny hunting since I had so few, but now I've caught so many that it is not something I go out of my way to do anymore.

I have encountered a few Shiny myself that where easy catches but unexpected, wasnt using a shiny odd sandwich or mass outbreak, just a random goodra. I also got lucky and hatched a shiny Charmander, and Ive never hatched a shiny (my use of breeding has typically only been for breeding pokemon to help others, or if I caught somethings final evolutionary form and need the earlier forms for dex completion.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I knocked out 60 Girafarig and am running around. I like that it turns towards you it makes shiny checking it easier.

I found a shiny Stunky randomly during the hunt. Its full odds

I then found my shiny Girafarig later on.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Found a shiny Venomoth in Area Zero while trying to catch the newly unlocked (for me) ancient Pokémon.

EDIT: A shiny Teddiursa while tera den farming as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I just stumbled across a shiny Espartha at level 40. It was lucky. It was next to a cliff and standing in the shade so I didn't notice the color scheme difference. I'm not familiar with the new mons to immediately identify a shiny. But luckily I was in Go Mode and I noticed my Mabostiff wouldn't attack it. That's when I knew it was a shiny!

I'm pleased with it because it's the first shiny I have encountered in the game that wasn't from a raid (or red Gyarados) and I've been playing since red/blue/yellow!!!! I have terrible luck with shinies. I also never paid any attention to them in past years so I more than likely stumbled into some but never noticed 😝

Koopa_T

Zygarde Infinite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    My first shiny playing Violet before having the shiny charm was a shiny Rufflet. My 2nd shiny a Fletchinder. Working on Veluza hoping to be my first Gen 9 shiny for being a new Pokemon.

Rolling in some more Pokemon Shinies.
    Mismagius, Snom, Bagon, Buizel, Scyther, Heracross and Cetoddle!

Last edited:
    Back