• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you a romantic

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
  • I spent a bit trying to think of a good title for this but I couldn't. well, alas. are you a romantic? are you corny? do you fall for people easily? when you fall for someone do you shower them in sentimentality? when you're dating someone do you like cheesy gestures of love? all these questions and more can be answered by you in this thread. I'll answer later if there's enough demand for it. (; (I'm probably going to answer anyway, but I'd like to see you, PokeCommunity, interested in whether or not I'm a romantic.) (just kidding, I'm going to answer) (you don't have to be interested)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I don't know if I would use the term "romantic" in like the super gushy type of sense? I'm very reserved and modest and don't like PDA or showing my feelings, which some would consider romantic? Maybe? (edit: now that I think about it, this is mostly in public, I don't mind showing my feelings or being cutesy in private).

I am, however, very sentimental and like showing it in really small ways. I excel at gifts and I also know how to hit people with my words. So scrapbooks, letters - if I have to write it, it will be gushy and romantic. I think that's it - I'm romantic with my words while I lack in my gestures.

Last edited:

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
  • i guess i'm a pretty cheesy romantic person. i'm the kind of person that is all for stereotypical date ideas like going to the movies, going out to eat, etc. i dont know, i find it cute and it makes me happy to do stereotypical stuff like that lol.

Years
  • I feel like I'm a terrible paradox in a lot of ways. The majority of the time I'm extremely guarded but put me in a relationship and I become a perpetual wave of sap and sentimentality.

That being said, I don't really fall for people easily and even subconsciously I'm too picky for my good. I don't think you could call be a romantic though, because even though I take love seriously and enjoy relationships I'm also very cynical about romance these days.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Actually, I'm genuinely curious here: is anyone here more of a PDA kind of person? Personally I would find that super embarrassing, but that's just me. u_u

i enjoyed a fair bit of exhibitionism back in my risque days LMAO but not around people
    not really wanting to be carted off to jail thank you!
    making out in public depended on the situation like.... public transport? nope. movie theatre? sure. but nowadays i have zero interest in physical shit of any kind so idk what i'd want today!

i am very much a romantic! i like expressing myself and i tend to veer towards sappiness at times but i own that. i want to make the other person feel good!
    that being said until further notice all men should be wiped off the face of the planet

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I don't think you could call be a romantic though,

don't you mean, me?

i am a romantic person and i love romance
    my boyfriend once did something so romantic i will never forget

got us a cabin in the woods, he knows i love forests
    with jaccuzi
    and then put candles everywhere and stuff
    omg ^_^
    oh another time he drove really long to take me to another forest and we had a picnic there <3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It always surprises people, but I am a big fan of romance.

I read romance novels. I listen to love songs. I write romance stories. I watch romantic movies. Give me the sappy dates, the kisses and dances in the rain, the proclamations of "I love you" at dramatic moments while the music swells and the audience gets a tear in their eye. I always smile when I see couples holding hands and spending quality time with each other.

I love love.

Yet I have never experienced this with anyone. It's all just fantasy for me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • According to astrology (lol), Scorpios tend to be extremely emotional. If they say they love you, they really mean it. That's how I have been with my current relationship.

And sometimes I'd rather show it instead of saying it. Because honestly I feel really cheesy saying "I love you" especially when there's people around. That's just me.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Not really.

If it's just me by myself with someone else then I will act romantic
    If that makes sense

PDA is a no too, unless it's just holding hands or something.

Years
  • yeeees spread the love. I get embarrassed watching romantic scenes in movies and whatnot but that's because it makes my heart flutter and I get flustered haha. I am an absolute romance nut.

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • Actually, I'm genuinely curious here: is anyone here more of a PDA kind of person? Personally I would find that super embarrassing, but that's just me. u_u

I don't mind it, people give me hugs in the middle of crowds all the time.

I have a different kind of romance I suppose. I enjoy hugs and chatting to a cup of tea more than I would a night holding hands at the movies. The way to get to my heart is to lay on my shoulder and play Smash Bros :P

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Nope :p not really. Kinda wierd being one of the only ones among my friends, but whatever.

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • I can come across kind of cold and uncaring when I'm tired or angry or I just don't want to talk to you. I'm fairly shy and I don't really like when someone comes up to me and starts blabbing about them and their stupid crap or asks me a bunch of questions when I don't even know their name. (This tends to happen to me when I go to a new place.)

But if I like you and want to be your friend, or if you already are my friend, then I am super duper sentimental and gushy and loving and all that crap. I will cuddle the heck out of any of my friends who let me (though of course I wouldn't get all touchy-feely with somebody who didn't want it, so usually I just present the option and if they take it then great!)

But when it comes to actual romance I just can't. It's not in my brain, I guess. I love my friend Alex more than I've ever loved anyone else in my life, but if he asked me out I'd be like "Whoa dude when I said I loved you I didn't mean that way!" I usually get that out of the way first thing so there's no awkward mixups. Setting the boundaries early avoids a lot of pain and confusion later on.

So I guess I'm like the equivalent of a romantic if it was only in a platonic way. I don't know if there's a word for that. If there isn't someone should make one up.

Years
  • Not really, I'm rather distant most of the time for some reason, if you hold a full conversation with me consider it a miracle.

Back