• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you deaf, can you hear me?

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    What do you do when someone ignores you?

I just let them do there thing, and then go Krieg mode on them when the finally stop giving me the silent treatment.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't worry about it. And then when they do start talking to me again if I'm still mad when they start talking to me again then I'll be a sarcastic ass to them.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Often times when I say something to them (as I'm not one to talk anything about a conflict in the heat of and presence of one), I'll repeat myself verbatim to ensure the heard me, and if they still don't listen I tend to make hand gestures displaying confusion before walking off, dismissing their problem indifferently and without too much thought. After I leave I'll ponder why they don't want to talk to me, and if I know the answer to that I'll think in my head something along the lines of "and this is how they deal with it. *sigh*" before completely losing all thought process of it until it's brought up again in my mind some hours later. I don't have time to get involved with people's ill-temperedness like that. :p

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2014
    I tell them that I will wait until they are paying attention. They usually notice you going silent and staring at them, they get the picture.

Years
    Instead of being ignored, I think the majority of when people seem not to be paying attention to me is because I'm quite soft-spoken most of the time. But even during times when I can tell people are intentionally ignoring me, which I don't think has happened thus far (hopefully), I wouldn't pay mind to it. I've had my fair share of ignoring people for a period of time, but I'll eventually come around to talking to them again. That's the case with text messages though. I don't normally ignore people in person as that might come off as impolite, and/or rude.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I usually don't say anything, but I get quite hurt when that happens to me (if it's obviously on purpose) despite the fact that I've been ignored a lot in the past irl. I think it's especially because I try my best to not get ignored or passed over, so if it happens it feels like I've kinda failed in a way. I dunno.

However, if it's my parents ignoring me it's a different story. I usually just repeat whatever I just said until they acknowledge me, haha.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I tell them that I will wait until they are paying attention. They usually notice you going silent and staring at them, they get the picture.

^This^

Except that I STARE at them until they notice, I mean like death stare, they usually get scared, but they get the point I don't like being ignored. lol

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I start to get really sad, usually. I can't take it when someone doesn't talk to me. I'm the "everyone's my friend" kind of person, so if someone's ignoring me it breaks that feeling of mine.

Usually I don't notice until it's too late, so I just carry on talking to them like nothing's happening, then cry or something when I realise. It usually hits me hard.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm surprised so many people have experiences with people ignoring them. That's teenage drama crap; none of my friends were that immature when I was a teenager and once you get a bit older that kind of thing fades away as long as you don't fall into the groups that never left high school in their minds.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I usually feel really sad and bad ;; And since I feel so bad myself when people ignore me, I make a point in being attentive and nice and never ignore anyone else on purpose.

KayNic

I Love Sleeping
    Years
    I just move on. If they don't have the time for me I certainly am not going to put the effort into talking to them.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I had this customer once that refused to talk to me no matter how hard I tried to engage him, so I started getting really pissed off and ♥♥♥♥♥ing about him to my co-workers because what kind of person just ignores the person serving them at the counter?

then when one of them figured out who I was talking about she goes "oh the deaf guy?" and I felt so bad lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If your my friend and you're that mad at me that you ignore me I just don't have the care in me or the patience to try and find out why and make it better. We're all adults now you can come to me with your issues and talk it out like the big adult you are. I used to get ignored by strangers when I was really overweight I guess because I was not worth their time in their eyes? This never happens anymore though, if anything strangers often now approach me and now I'm the one that just wants to ignore them because it's awkward sometimes.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'll remember it and ignore them back when they try to talk to me if it genuinely bothers me. Usually it doesn't.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    That's usually only occasional customers at work. If they're clearly ignoring me then I just drop it. If they can't hear me, I speak up.

If I was ignored as a kid in school, I just sorta dropped it. No point in being obnoxious about it if someone is actively ignoring you. xD

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Zero craps given, 9 times out of 10. Don't wanna talk? Fine, I'll wait for you to come crawling back to me. If that never happens, whatever.

Back