• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Beauty

Years
  • i don't have a type per se, i fall for who i end up falling for! if i fall for someone it's because of personality, and as a result their looks will become attractive to me too. but generally the only thing i can say pretty much for sure is i prefer a guy to be taller than me, haha, everything else (physically, i've a bit higher standards personality-wise) i'm open to!

bobandbill is 100% my type tho

Years
  • You can put me in the camp of personality being the most important aspect, but there's definitely physical traits that attract me more than others. I'm a sucker for a nice smile and I tend to be more attracted to cute than to the more stereotypical things people associate with beauty.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    What attracts me at first (assuming I don't know the person) is their hair and eyes; smiles can be killers too, though. Once I get to know them, personality turns to be the most important factor (or one of the most important). I've fallen in love with many people I haven't found attractive at first just by knowing them better and kinda forgot about attractive people with bullshit personalities.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • machine type, light attribute, nothing else

Not really attracted to anything at the moment, don't really have a type either, although only one requirement and that is to hate supermarkets with a fiery passion

or being a massive Cyber Dragon fangirl that works too

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I'm not really a looks guy; what's the point if we can't get along. There are some things that catch my eye though on the superficial level, namely the face. I'm more of a cute > traditional beauty guy. I find makeup to be more on the level of drawing something and showing it to the world than something to be attracted to (idk how to explain myself better here).

Years
  • As I've gotten older my type has shifted and expanded. Everyone likes to start with personality because we're obliged to do so, but this is just a social courtesy. It's kind of funny that people deny they have attraction to physical attributes.

Very generally, I like men who are taller and bigger, and those who act mature and mentally stable. Add a deep voice and, perfetto!

Years
  • Everyone likes to start with personality because we're obliged to do so, but this is just a social courtesy. It's kind of funny that people deny they have attraction to physical attributes.

That's not true at all. I mean, you're not wrong about it being a social expectation to list personality first, but there legitimately are those who feel no physical attraction to anyone at all.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I like men, and I like them tall, and I don't like beards (stubble is fine), which are my only actual requirements. I like them thin and do not find most overweight dudes to be physically attractive. People tend to hate that but I can't really help it. That said, I can find an overweight dude attractive if he's got a 10/10 personality (which is a whole nother topic). Glasses are a plus but not a requirement. I usually prefer paler skin (yet another thing people tend to hate), but it's also not a requirement.

Oh, and they usually have to be fictional. For the most part, I'm rarely attracted to actual humans. I prefer animated dudes cuz they're easier to romanticize, and people are shit so my hatred of them usually supersedes any physical attraction I may have. You can see a pattern in dudes I like when you look at my list of fictional crushes.

Is it weird? Yes. It is who I am? Yes. Do you have to like it? Nope. :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    oh boy

I used to think I liked boys but back then my type was based purely on personality. I never once took into consideration a boy's appearance for why I liked them and would be like "??? I guess" when someone asked me if I liked them because of their appearance. I've only "liked" 3 boys in my entire life. Later I realised they were just some of my favourite people to talk to because they made life feel exciting and in my mind, that equated to wanting to be in a relationship with them to get more of that feeling. I think I only ever saw boys as close friends though. Years and years ago, I think maybe 3 - 4 people asked me out online and it took me aback because I genuinely had never thought about more nor was I trying to give any signals. Was rough rejecting people but at the time I didn't know my reason other than just trusting my gut feeling. I chalked it up to being 11 and not feeling ready for a relationship yet (I definitely was not at that age) and figured I'd like boys later.

I figured I'd find the right person, but I remember it bothering me how I never cared about a boy's appearance. Friends would show me male celebrities (actors, famous idols, you name it) and even with these "perfect" men who were extremely attractive according to a majority of my friends, I never once found a boy attractive in that sense I guess? Ahahaha I did used to think I had a crush on tons of "pasty white boy celebrities" though. 11 year old me was enamoured with Andrew Garfield so that is the closest I will get to a type on that front.

But yes flash forward to high school and I find my ideal type within the first year - as a direct quote from my 2 closest friends in person, I like "girls who are really cool and pretty". My friend mentioned how they knew I was only interested in girls because I'd always be so excited to emphasise how "pretty" this girl was but for boys would only mention their personality ("oh he's fun to be around, he's nice" etc.) so they figured it out before me! I find a lot of people pretty so I notice that then only then catch feelings if I like their personality. Definitely do lean towards a type of liking people who are athletic when it comes to physical features. I've only had a proper crush once in my life and it was a girl who met every single "ideal criteria". I feel like if anyone met her then they'd understand my type to a tee but I guess someone who is charismatic, self-assured in who they are and who is extremely kind to other people. I also like people with a personality that'd be considered "cute" - someone who's wholesome in their values, gets super excited to talk about anything etc. :')

TL;DR: realised I was mega weak for cool and pretty girls this entire time

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Same as most of everyone; I like people for their personality. But you know, as with also everyone, there are standards, like good hygiene, good practices, and so forth. But everything else, I'm really open too! I don't really have a type in terms of physical beauty, hehe. I used to really like long-haired women, but over the years, I grew to like to short-haired women just as much too.

my lovely milotic is my type~

Years
  • I'd say like if I really had to choose what attracts me, it's probably more 'darker' features in girls, like hair, eyes etc. That's what my girlfriend is like, but her personality definitely takes priority over everything, I think that's what makes you really attracted to someone :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I really don't think I have a type haha. I've fallen for a vast range of different people in both looks and personality. I do like when they seem cleanly, healthy, humble, open-minded, curious, relaxed and with a smile close by though. I can certainly find people physically attractive, but there's no specific list of traits there at all that tends to be included. I think that if someone has all those personality traits, they are beautiful to me :)

although ok im a sucker for manbuns

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    ugly guys arent even allowed to think of me

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't think I have type either. As long as a guy super sweet and caring with a big heart... that's really all that matters to me. Same goes for girls since I'm bi and might as well include them.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I don't really have a type, everyone I've ever been into were all pretty different from one another.

Certain looks don't really play a factor, though even if they did I have a lot of things aesthetically that I like... ?

I usually like it when girls have short hair, blonde guys sometimes catch my attention, also guys with long hair are Good. Though, personality plays the biggest factor. Someone has to have a sense of humor and have things in common with me for me to really like them. It's no good if someone is attractive but we have no common ground, after all. If I really like them I will find them attractive no matter their looks. The person I'm with at the moment, I never would've thought I had a chance with, but we're both trans and very like-minded, and that's a huge contributing factor. Also he likes Pokemon so that's a PLUS, but again, personality and interests = most important thing. They also have to have a good nature as a person, on real people it's definitely unattractive when someone acts all tough or rude for no reason. In fiction or on the internet, I get it, it happens, but offline pls no. Be nice, treat people well, don't be an asshole and that's beauty in itself IMO.

Though, by all means if you like attractive assholes IRL, go wild, live ur best life.

Back