• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bedtimes: How late is too late?

Years
  • I go to sleep by 12. Not that I can't function past 12 with ease, but waking up at 6 is nightmarish enough as it is without getting 6 or less hours. On the weekends it can range from 12-2 usually, but I try to go tos leep so I can deal with the next week. :/

Also, I can't sleep in on the weekends anymore because my body is used to waking up before the sun rises, so that's why I try to get a solid night of sleep.

#isthenumbersign
    Years
  • I don't usually have trouble waking up, so I guess I don't have a specific time I need to get to bed by. But on most days whether it be weekdays or weekends, I find myself falling asleep by 1am anyways.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
    Years
  • I guess I'm a lightweight for desiring a midnight bedtime xD

I feel like staying awake as long as I'm not tired, and napping during the day probably pushes my bedtime too. I'm trying to do what I can to be in bed at a decent time so I can get up around 8 am because that's healthy, but... I typically thrash in bed until after 1 anyway. Or play games on my phone.

I hate living with my parents because they're strict about it. Can't wait until I can get a job and move out...

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • well,i don't have a special time i enjoy my time with people or even alone whenever i feel sleepy i just go to sleep but been a long while i go to sleep in the morning like 9 am or maybe after that too for some reasons.....but now since i'm no more of jobless i have to sleep early to wake up early....however i loved being a night owl T-T

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Based on my last few nights. If you can call it that. 2 nights ago was 7am, today was about 2pm (yes I stayed up 22 hours) on average though. I normally sleep around 7am and get up about 2pm, I work evening shifts starting at 3pm which is why I am always up so late, I have my day after I finish compared to before I go to work.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit
    Years
    • Age 27
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 18, 2021
    I just go to bed whenever I get tired, usually around 12 nowadays. I think 6-8 hours is optimal. At least once a week I will end up trying to goto bed earlier and not be able to fall asleep until 4 or 5 in the morning.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I have no set bedtime, and lately it's been around 4-5 in the morning, In those cases, I rarely get more than 5 hours of sleep before I awaken again, and I pay for it dearly... I'll often fall asleep in the early afternoon and wake up around dinner time. My body's internal clock is really messed up as far as sleep is concerned.

Years
  • I guess 1am is considered too late cos if I end up staying awake past that time I find my performance at work the next day diminish.

It's not a big deal for me if it's a weekend though. Most days I usually find myself sleeping by 2am.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I've slowly trained myself to function later and later. Now I go to bed at 2am and read until 3am... then I get up anywhere between 9:30 and 11 depending on how I feel in the morning.

In answer to the question - it's never too late! Go to bed when you're tired lol

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • As long as I don't have to wake up early the next day, I may sleep at 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning. Other wise I'll plan my sleep so I can get 8 hours of sleep. Tonight I have to sleep early (tomorrow morning I have doctor's appointment)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It all depends on what time I have to wake up in the morning.

Like tomorrow, I have to get up at 7 so I'll probably be asleep before or at midnight.

But if there's no agenda then sleep is for the weak.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Even though I have to be up at 6:30 for work, I don't often go to sleep until 1-2am, occasionally 3am. But on weekends, I just stay up until whenever, usually 2-3am, 4am if there's something really exciting on the internet. Otherwise, my decision to fall asleep is dictated by how often I think how utterly amazing sleep would be if I went to sleep right this very second.
    Since I work in a clothes store, I have to interact with people, so being tired, or at least looking tired, isn't an option. Of course, since I have had the look of a very tired person since about 2008, I make it an option. Yay for being a great employee!

Crux

Evermore
    Years
  • I've practically become nocturnal. xD
    No matter how much sleep I get I usually feel tired during the day,whilst I feel like I just woke up as soon as it turns to night.
    It's probably not the best since it leaves me just slightly reclusive in the daytime hours. x/

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    i sleep around 11:30pm everyday bcuz my parents don't allow me stay awake after11:30pm even in vacations :( :(

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    If I have work the next day(depending on whether I open or close), I sleep sometime between 12:30 or 1 AM.

If I don't have work, then I can stay up as late as 3 AM before I go to bed. Doesn't really bother me. /shrugs

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Usually 1:30 or 2 is too late for me, if I stay up that long I feel really tired the next day. I try to go to bed at 1 at the latest.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Between 12:30 am to 3 am every day. I'm a night student at college who gets out of class at 9-9:40 every day, so I am bound to stay up till that time just doing homework/browsing da net. :P

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    11pm onwards is late for me. I'm such a kid :(. That's just because I have to wake up 6am every day to go to school since school starts at 7.30am for me.

Back