• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

best baby pokemon

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Not necessarily the "best," but Tyrogue has been my longtime favorite. It was so well-hidden in its debut Generation that it felt like a secret Pokémon, and it has a really cool Shiny (prior to 3DS, anyway).

best baby pokemon

Magby deserves an honorable mention because its GSC Sugimori art—more specifically, its Neo Genesis card—is so nostalgic!

best baby pokemon

Years
    Cleffa for me - my first one hatched from the Day Care-given egg in my emulated Crystal and knew Dizzy Punch. I still remember her fondly.

Years
    Budew!! Considering the fact that Roserade is one of my favourite Pokémon, it's only natural that I'd adore Budew just as much. It's the cutest, smallest thing and I love it! Even its cry is endearing!

Budew also happened to be my first Pokémon plush!!

I also love Riolu and Igglybuff as well!

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oof tough one for me between Cleffa and Togepi... but I think I'm gonna have to go with my little egg baby!!

best baby pokemon

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Munchlax. Adorable, a baby of a pokémon I really like, and actually quite powerful in its own right. I bred one with Curse for my last Platinum save (had a generally quite slow team, with Torterra as my starter) and he was great fun.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Toxel is uber cute and i would die for it

But the best baby pokemon are Smoochum, Elekid, Mime Jr and Chingling. Elekid and Mime Jr are much cuter versions of their evos, and Chingling and Smoochum are just suuuuper cute. (And that cuter version of its evo goes for Smoochum too)

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It's tie between Igglybuff and Cleffa for being so fricking cute. Magby gets an honorable mention. Also I had no idea Toxel was a baby pokemon.

Years
    I know why Munchlax is considered a baby Pokemon, but even if you look as far as the games are concerned, it's surprisingly a lot stronger stats-wise to a lot of Pokemon, and is roughly in the same range as the middle evolution of starter Pokemon.

That said, it's still my favorite, with Pichu, Togepi, and Riolu not far behind.

Back