• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"By the way, how would you like to join Team Rocket?"

Years
  • This is a line said by a Team Rocket Grunt at the end of the Nugget Bridge in Kanto. There's no option to accept since it defaults you into the no response.

Be honest, how many of you actually wished you could say yes to this?

Years
  • It's not so much that I actually want to say yes to it, it's more that I'd like the option to be there.
    Like all those various dialogues where you can't click no, because the dialogue will be repeated over & over till you say yes lol

So yes, I would like the option of being able to say yes to this, and it actually doing that too =p
    (rather than just yes being being there and it recycling dialogue till you click no)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    First playthrough? No. Picks good-aligned options most of the time in games.

Second playthrough? Yes. Presents an option to vary gameplay. Accepts it resulting in tackling Team Rocket regardless. May change the timeline of when (or how) you do.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I can't say that I would be interested in having the option to say yes since chances are it wouldn't really change anything. We'd probably just get a response of "lol jk we don't hire kids!" or something like that and the game proceeds as normal.

If it significantly altered the way the plot goes/provides a real choice to make instead of an illusion of one, then I'd be down for having that option for sure.

Years
  • i'm boring and would feel too guilty to actually join team rocket so i'd still have turned it down even if it was actually possible to join. :c

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • tbh, I wouldn't have said yes, lol, I'm pretty sure if "yes" was programmed in they'd say "you're too young!" like that Galactic Grunt says to you in their Veilstone building.

Years
  • i'm boring and would feel too guilty to actually join team rocket so i'd still have turned it down even if it was actually possible to join. :c

hahah ngl same

but I do think it would have been cool to be offered the option and allow the game story to branch based on that, even if it won't ever happen.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd be down for some more choices that actually make a (slight) difference. Kind of like how Chrono Cross had times where you could choose between two or three routes that are all slightly different but you end up in the same spot, anyway.

Example for the Nugget Bridge one: you don't join and get the Boat Ticket from Bill. You join and the grunt leads you to a secret Rocket hideout. There you end up beating the grunts and find a Boat Ticket they wanted to use to rob the people on the S.S. Anne.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2021
    This is a line said by a Team Rocket Grunt at the end of the Nugget Bridge in Kanto. There's no option to accept since it defaults you into the no response.

Be honest, how many of you actually wished you could say yes to this?

first time playing, nope, never, I'm a good guy! now, YES let me in, I can make the organization way better, just let me help!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I'd throw myself at them in a heart beat and then steal ALL of your Pokémon for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • i can't even say mean things to people in games so you know i never say yes to this man lol besides i don't wanna be on their team they weak as hell

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2021
    I never thought about it because at that time I was kid and didn't pay much attention to dialogues haha

Years
    • Seen today
    I would probably do it if I could revert back as some point.

I like starting as morally good in video games, turning evil, then reverting back towards good at the end.

Major Agnostic

Pokemon Crystal Ultimate Developer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Of course I would join Team Rocket, if they offered me the leader position

This lol. I'm sure those officer positions have good pay and maybe a pension! I'd probably take things a little more chill and be less into the abuse, so it would help mitigate the damage of Team Rocket a bit. If I were ever about to be ousted, I'd just steal Mewtwo or the Master Ball to catch a legendary and gtfo!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If I could, I would implement a 'Yes' option like this:
    - "Yes, you'll join us? Alright! Meet me at our hideout in Celadon City!" (Vanishes)
    - Game continues as normal, pesky Snorlax and guards meaning you have to go Cerulean-Vermilion-Cerulean-Lavender-Celadon.
    - Enter the base "welcome, new recruit!" (shows you down to the bottom level)
    - "Now, we'll just take your Pokémon in exchange for our standard Rattata and Koffing team"..."What's that? You don't want to give up your Pokémon?"..."Well do you want to join Team Rocket or not?"..."No?" (Attacks)
    - You fight your way out of the base instead of into it.
    - Game proceeds as normal, with that wonderful Gen I/II feature of choice in the order in which you grab gym badges. So much better than Unova's one-way system!

Back