• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

can i just take a moment to say how much 2016 sucks

Sirfetch’d

I know there is a venting thread somewhere but this warrants it's own thread. I just want to officially say that 2016 can go to Hell. Too many people are dying. We are only 4 months into the year and it seems like we have a decade worth of deaths already. I am scared to see what happens the rest of this year. I just want it to end already ffs.

Years
  • By the end, I'll feel like this was 2015 2.0.

The only good thing I saw was the awesome new music and while we had some comebacks (looking at you Cassius, LCD Soundsystem, The Last Shadow Puppets etc), and we had some reboots of some shows we loved (unfortunately everyone seems to hate the new Powerpuff Girls) we have been losing legends at the same time.

I am now fearing who could go next, just watch...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I agree with you Chase, I've said it many times ):

Electricbluewolf

Bᴇ pıɟɟǝɹǝuʇ
    Years
  • imagine if queen lizzie just carked it tomorrow

hello im part of the top british police we're arresting you treason for even dare saying the Queen of England, Elizabeth II, our beloved and devoted leader, whom God chose himself will some day pass into non-mortal realm and depart her heavenly soul from earth. LONG LIVE DA QUEEN

Also who else is playing celebrity death bingo?

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    not to be all alex jones at infowars.org but i still believe lizzie had di murdered

Years
  • I think we're only just getting a bit overboard because of the legends we've been losing, but I shall get back to what I do most.

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • There was another year recently that had a string of celebrity deaths. 2011 I think?

I remember South Park making an episode addressing them all. The center of it was Michael Jackson.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I think the only way you could make this year more shit for old music legends is if Iggy Pop, Tony Ionmi and Paul McCartney simultaneously spontaneously developed a brain aneurysm and kicked the bucket

I mean, in the past 6 months we've lost Bowie, Lemmy and George Martin alone, and considering acts from the 60s and 70s are starting to approach their 70s to 90s I think we're going to have an extinction event comprised entirely of the most influential artists in post-50s music within the next 5 years

Years
  • There was another year recently that had a string of celebrity deaths. 2011 I think?

I recall there is a meme regarding Arsenal footballer Aaron Ramsey and how the goals he kicks are somehow connected to deaths of celebrities. Some examples of those who kicked the bucket after he scored were Steve Jobs and Whitney Houston, and some even think the recent loss of Paul Walker, Robin Williams, David Bowie and Alan Rickman may have also been connected to this "Ramsey effect" as well.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • I recall there is a meme regarding Arsenal footballer Aaron Ramsey and how the goals he kicks are somehow connected to deaths of celebrities. Some examples of those who kicked the bucket after he scored were Steve Jobs and Whitney Houston, and some even think the recent loss of Paul Walker, Robin Williams, David Bowie and Alan Rickman may have also been connected to this "Ramsey effect" as well.

Has he kicked any goals recently? This is important.

EDIT: I just remembered a few hours before Lemmy died, a post on /mu/ was talking about musicians dying, Someone said Lemmy would be fine. He wasn't. I remember the same thing happening with Bowie, but the thread was archived before his death so it never caught on like the first thread. I think the first thread eventually ended up getting 5000-10000 posts, if not more.

for reference

Last edited:

Her

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    someone showed me a post about how someone was shocked harper lee wasn't dead and then like two hours later she kicked the bucket
    and then someone said the the same thing about umberto eco and poof
    gone!

Back