• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Civilization VI

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Civilization VI​

Earlier today, Civilization VI was announced via the YouTube channel of Sid Meier's Civilization. While there wasn't any actual gameplay in the channel, it does give us a direction with a October 21st, 2016 as a launch date on PC.

What do you guys hope to come from Civ VI? New tribes? New gameplay mechanics? Want certain things left behind? Talk all things Civilization VI related here in this thread.​

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Can they just make Canada a civilization? I know it's one of the youngest countries around. But damn it, I want a non-mod version of Canada in the game already. >:(

To be honest, I really liked how they did civ5, personally. I know others weren't a fan of how somethings worked - but they all felt fine to me. If I were to be picky, I never utilized Religion too often in comparison to other things (like culture/science/gold).

I'd like more map typings and maybe more support for random map settings, since that's 90% of what I play. :)

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    And coming out on my birthday, no less! Hint!

Off the top of my head I can't think about what I'd like left behind in Civ V, I love the game. However, I could do without religion, I guess. But as for inclusions, well, at the very least I would like to see the return of Cleopatra to Egypt. I miss her.

Sir Codin

Despite my PC-centric background, I've honestly never gotten much into Civilization. I got III and then V a while ago, but couldn't really get into either of them.

Maybe I should give them another shot.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I haven't played Civ since 3. The new instalments always look really good but I can never afford them.

True, they are very expensive. And it's not like you can wait for them to drop in price because then you're almost required to buy the Expansions if you want to play with your friends.

Years
  • True, they are very expensive. And it's not like you can wait for them to drop in price because then you're almost required to buy the Expansions if you want to play with your friends.

Maybe I'll get four or five once six comes out and they've dropped even further. Then I can at least enjoy it myself.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Maybe I'll get four or five once six comes out and they've dropped even further. Then I can at least enjoy it myself.

If you're gonna do it, buy the complete pack of V. It is very good.

Years
  • The complete pack of IV is worth a buy if you liked III, as IV, while by itself a good game, is like a whole different Civ game from vanilla IV with the Beyond the Sword expansion. IV is also very easily modded so it has a hell of a lot of modpacks that have been released by players over the years, and I think it still occasionally gets some modpacks to this day. IV also demands less resources from your system than V does.

I've not played V a whole lot, myself, as I haven't really had a PC that was all that capable of running it well until recently. What I have played of it shows a game that's fairly different from the standard Civ formula. IV might be a worthwhile half-step, as IV is also a bit of a deviation from what I, II, and III played like as it introduces several mechanics.

Despite my PC-centric background, I've honestly never gotten much into Civilization. I got III and then V a while ago, but couldn't really get into either of them.

Maybe I should give them another shot.

The initial learning curve for the series can be a bit steep (not as steep as a game like Europa Universalis, though). V's tutorial holds your hand a fair bit more than III's does. They both have an in-game encyclopedia of game terms, as well. Many of III's mechanics are quite a bit more archaic for the genre of turn-based strategy and many are also unique to III itself, or legacies carried over from II.

Years
  • I haven't played the game since IV, which was the last version to have Rhye's mod. VI better be so mindblowingly well designed that I will play it in its own right.

Now crossing my figures for Victoria III.

Years
  • This is exciting, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to run it unless it barely leaps forward from Civ V. I haven't really played Brave New World as much as I should have yet so I suppose I can just play that if I catch the VI hype. The chances are this will be a bit flawed until the first expansion as always so perhaps it's good I have to wait.

Years
  • Extra hype from this announcement!

I think in terms of what I want to see, I think it's going to be the standard more civs/landmarks/win conditions. However I'm a bit cautious that with V being as great as it is that VI will suddenly not be as good and turn out to be a flop.

Here's everything crossed that it will be great!

V was regarded as a flop at first. VI will probably do just fine.

Would love to see this come to consoles...

The big issue with bringing a Civ game to consoles has always been the interface. It'd probably be simplified to the level that CivRev is if they were to opt for another console game in the series.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Also, Civ V complete pack is on sale for $13 on Steam

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I own civ 3,4 and 5 I didnt like 5 so I hope they improve the game.. but here is stuff that is confirmed.

Key features of Sid Meier's Civilization VI include:

• EXPANSIVE EMPIRES: See the marvels of your empire spread across the map like never before. Each city spans multiple tiles so you can custom build your cities to take full advantage of the local terrain;
    • ACTIVE RESEARCH: Unlock boosts that speed your civilization's progress through history. To advance more quickly, use your units to actively explore, develop your environment, and discover new cultures;
    • DYNAMIC DIPLOMACY: Interactions with other civilizations change over the course of the game, from primitive first interactions where conflict is a fact of life, to late game alliances and negotiations;
    • COMBINED ARMS: Expanding on the "one unit per tile" design, support units can now be embedded with other units, like anti-tank support with infantry, or a warrior with settlers. Similar units can also be combined to form powerful "Corps" units;
    • ENHANCED MULTIPLAYER: In addition to traditional multiplayer modes, cooperate and compete with your friends in a wide variety of situations all designed to be easily completed in a single session;
    • A CIV FOR ALL PLAYERS: Civilization VI provides veteran players new ways to build and tune their civilization for the greatest chance of success. New tutorial systems are designed to introduce new players to the underlying concepts of Civilization so they can easily get started on a path to victory

Back