• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years

All of these are just making me more and more excited!

Why isn't it Friday yet?

Years
    Not surprising at all:

Spoiler:

I called this one right from the beginning, and a tweet from a few months back only made it even more evident. It's always safe to assume the Game Corner will never be in any future games.

And it's all thanks to Europe and their anti-gambling laws that the Game Corner is a thing of the past. At least this means the 5 TMs (Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Double Team, Psychic) it had in the originals will now be found in an alternative location. But the question now is, where will these TMs now be found?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    I called this one right from the beginning, and a tweet from a few months back only made it even more evident. It's always safe to assume the Game Corner will never be in any future games.

And it's all thanks to Europe and their anti-gambling laws that the Game Corner is a thing of the past. At least this means the 5 TMs (Thunderbolt, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Double Team, Psychic) it had in the originals will now be found in an alternative location. But the question now is, where will these TMs now be found?

I am really glad that Gamefreak revamped the city, instead of just removing the Game Corner and keeping the city the same. That would be utterly boring.

Years
    I am really glad that Gamefreak revamped the city, instead of just removing the Game Corner and keeping the city the same. That would be utterly boring.

And remember, the last two remakes retained their respective Game Corner (albeit HG/SS had theirs altered for non-Japanese versions) so given these were the first remakes after the abolishment of it, it's nice to see they broke the mold by changing the city's design entirely.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I started feeling bad about waiting until 5 pm this Friday to get the game (as that's when I return from School. Well I could skip my last two classes and get it at 11 am but...college is too expensive to skip) but in comparison to Europe it's nothing...I feel spoiled. Well for those of you in NA planning on downloading the games less than 57 hours to go (those in the western part will be able to get it at 9 pm Thursday since the e-shop updates at 12 am Friday eastern time, and 11 pm central time if I recall CST correctly).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    IGN scored 7.8 with a flaw being "too much water" okay I'm not trying to go against them because I don't like their score, but what do they expect in Hoenn? An example of a misjudgement as on Metacritic the games have accumulated a score of 4.5/5 so far (or 86/100).

Well it goes to show that people still haven't forgotten the mistakes made by the original Ruby and Sapphire, since "too much water" was a common complaint due to the lack of extra islands to explore outside of the one with major cities. The "too many HMs" complaint, however, wasn't needed, because it's been a thing since the very beginning, and there are less HMs this time around.

Years
    Damn, I get paid and I have work on Friday but when I get home from work I'll be turning it on immediately. I'm so glad I'm getting the 3DS XL and pre-ordering Pokemon Omega Ruby tomorrow by Buy Now and Pay Later method... I have a small dilemma, I like the OR steelbook but is it worth paying £5 more?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Damn, I get paid and I have work on Friday but when I get home from work I'll be turning it on immediately. I'm so glad I'm getting the 3DS XL and pre-ordering Pokemon Omega Ruby tomorrow by Buy Now and Pay Later method... I have a small dilemma, I like the OR steelbook but is it worth paying £5 more?

It's your call. I'm definitely getting the Steelcase because although it's an extra £5, I know it's an initial release sort of thing that probably will be limited stock. I also think that it's actually worth the extra money, it would most definitely stand out as a collectable and against your current 3DS library of games. n_n

Years

Didn't know if you knew this or not, but OR & AS aren't being released in the UK until next Friday.

Anyway, it's an exclusive so I'd say so.

blue

gucci
    Years
    "Unfortunately, because of embargo rules set by Nintendo as a condition for reviewing the game prior to release, I can't be specific about the incredibly exciting things that happen once you beat the game. Suffice it to say that players will find a ton of things to do once the main story is done—"

This from Kotaku. With the Battle Frontier it's literally 50/50 right now, all those reviewers have received early released copies on behalf of Nintendo in an agreement that prevents them from spoiling unrevealed details i.e Battle Frontier. I'm not saying it's there for sure, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out as of yet. There are many ways it could either be already in-game but inaccessable, or added at later date.

Years
    So I may be late to the party here, but the games got their first review, from IGN, who gave it a 7.8. I've been seeing words about how people aren't taking that very well, and I didn't read the review but they said the bad included too much water and too many HMs.

They said the post-game is good, though, so I am very curious.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2017
    They made it logical here and expanded it.. in RSE it was weird and funny

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back