• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Current short and long term goals?

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm graduating high school next year, I already earned all my credits, so now it's just a matter of doing it.

My mom agreed to teach me to drive, so I'll spend much of next year learning.

I'm going stop binge drinking caffeine, I've already cut myself down to one soda per day, (although I cheat it sometimes.)

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    To be presently happy and live a long and happy life, lol. :) What did you expect, lol? :)

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Short term goal is to get my Christmas gifts done for all my friends! I prefer to make sentimental gifts for my friends rather than buying them so I hope all the work I put into them pays off. Long-term goal is to see a therapist for depression, already started on that goal and am currently in the process of getting a referral letter so I'm excited. :)

Last edited:

%

percent
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2018
    short: wake up in time for a run tomorrow get christmas presents sorted

long: win the champions league as ceo & be married w/ 2 kids

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2019
    Short term goal is to get my Christmas gifts done for all my friends! I prefer to make sentimental gifts for my friends rather than buying them so I hope all the work I put into them pays off. Long-term goal is to see a therapist for depression, already started on that goal and am currently in the process of getting a referral letter so I'm excited. :)

Let me you tell you that sentimental gifts do not work if you are giving to a male friend, lol. I once gave a drawing I made to one and he discreetly threw it in the trash, lol. :)

string555

Banned
    Years
  • Short term goals: Learn all the hacking and programming skills I can, by studying and practicing. :3

Long term goal: Use those skills to take down child abuse rings. >:/

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Let me you tell you that sentimental gifts do not work if you are giving to a male friend, lol. I once gave a drawing I made to one and he discreetly threw it in the trash, lol. :)

depends on the person haha, i'm a guy and appreciate sentimental gifts heaps

short term: enjoy work life i guess? but find a good work/life balance where i'm being active in all areas of my life
    medium term: move out in the next year ideally. and travel somewhere new again :)
    long term: thinking in the next 5 years w this question — learn a lot from my corporate job and the people around me but leave to either work for an NGO or start my own thing, either way using the learnings i've had from corporate & the networks i've built up. and keep travelling yessss

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Short term goals: Learn all the hacking and programming skills I can, by studying and practicing. :3

Long term goal: Use those skills to take down child abuse rings. >:/

As a member of the Law Enforcement community, I love this^^^^

My goals:

Short Term:

I would like to buy a house in 2018.

Find more time to spend on my hobbies.

Increase my bench press strength.

Continue to enjoy my career as much as I do now.

Long term:

Make sound investments so my life is financially easy.

Pay off my debt.

Visit every state in the US, and several other countries to include Japan.

Make wise career moves and continue my education so my job stays rewarding and interesting.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • As a member of the Law Enforcement community, I love this^^^^

Spoiler:

TY

Long term: finish studies, get a job that earns well, live on my own, get a relationship and we will see how life goes from there on out.

On short term: I wanna run in the 90's

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Short term: successfully going through my graduate role and hopefully land a permanent position, get a car etc.

Long term: security certification or something similar. Building up savings for the future.

Years
  • Short term: Helping to move furniture into our new apartment
    Long term: more maintenance of mental health >.>

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Short term: Enjoy my week off, rest up, go back to work and continue with my ASM training. Survive Christmas.
    Long term: Get back into store management, and once i've gained enough experience, possibly look into Hyper Management training and then make the switch over to Training Ops. Save up enough money to put down a deposit for my own flat/apartment.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • short term: finish my first year at community college, finish ultra moon
    long term: be happy and move in a house with whoever i'm with and live a successful life, as well as get stable mental health (as stable as it'll be for me at least)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    long term: Become happy and make the people closest to me more permanently happy, become a walter white but with wires, buy a house. Maybe a third cat.

short term: go to bed before 2 am today.

string555

Banned
    Years
  • And of course I love donuts!!!:P

I imagine it's good to keep a sense of humor in your line of work to maintain your sanity. You're bound to see some truly horrible things in your day, if you haven't already, and a good sense of humor keeps you from losing it. I set my long term goal exactly because of the horrible things I've seen in my day, and I know that if I didn't have that sense of humor, I probably wouldn't be around anymore. >:X

Back